A Fairytale Without Name | Romance

Read the rest of the fairytale of Rose and Marco on on the profile of Graceful2020.

"Good morning. You're early." I said while taking a seat opposite him.

"Good morning to you too. We didn't exactly set a time, so .... You look good today. Let me get your coffee." Before I could protest, he stood up and walked away.
I was so nervous and I didn't even know why. He came back shortly, handing me my cup and when our hands momentarily brushed, I blushed. What's wrong with me?

"So, did you have a good time at the party?" he asked casually and lit a cigarette.

"It was nice. I hadn't gone out like that, in a long time. I had fun." I reached for my sunglasses but he stopped me.

"Please, don't. I want to see your eyes when you talk to me." I reluctantly put them on the table and asked him why. "You know what they say about eyes being the mirror of the soul. You can tell me all the lies you want, but I can only see your truth by looking into your eyes." He concluded and I just stared at him. How could I respond to that?

"So, since you are still wearing yours, I suppose you are afraid I can do the same thing? Detect your lies through eye contact?" he just smiled and removed the sunglasses.

"You think I would lie to you?" he asked still smiling and I just shrugged. "Ask me something and then you can decide if my answer is a lie. What do you say?"

"I don't like playing games." I responded and lit a cigarette of my own.

"Me neither. I just want to get to know you better. I guess we should start from somewhere. How's that sound to you?" he waited patiently for my response and I debated if this is my cue to leave. As if he could read my mind, he leaned closer and lowered his tone.

"I'm not letting you go this time." I smiled and nearly choked with my smoke. He relaxed back in his chair and looked at me.

"I wasn't going to leave." I lied.

"There it is. Your very first lie." He laughed and I joined him. "Alright." I admitted."I may have thought of getting up and start running."

"May I ask why? Am I so repulsive to you? You don't even entertain the idea of having a coffee and a conversation with me?"

I was feeling embarrassed again. He hadn't done anything wrong. I was overreacting. It was high time I relaxed and enjoyed a man's company.

Leave Eleni some love and add her to your reading list! Graceful2020