Taking Chances - steamy romance excerpt.

To read the rest, add Taking Chance by StephanieWithAnA to your reading list.

"I was just wondering," she began as I continued to hold her hands. "How bad was I last night?"

"Bad?" I echoed.

She shrugged and glanced away. "I mean...I know you're used to something a little wilder in bed and I know you must be disappointed that you couldn't..."

I cut her off with a quick kiss because there was no reason to go any further. When I pulled away, I held her face in my hands and sighed. "This is what you're worried about? This has you stressing right now?" I couldn't stifle a chuckle at her ridiculous overthinking.

"Don't laugh at me," she whined. "I can't help but worry. I'm not that experienced and I hate thinking you aren't happy with me."

"Oh, baby," I blew out a deep breath. "There was nothing bad about last night or this morning. I loved how you took control of me and you let me take back the control when I needed it."

"But you held back."

I gripped the back of neck and pulled her close. "Holding back doesn't mean it was bad. You turned me on, you got me so hard, you made me feel so amazing and there's nothing lacking."

She nodded and shrugged, but still looked unsure. I ran my thumb along her bottom lip and gave her a big smile. "I know you think you need to compare yourself to the girls before you, but I swear there's no comparison, Cami. The fact that I spent the whole night with you and I have never done that with anyone else should prove to you that you're special. You're the one that I've changed for. Fuck, the fact that I asked you to be my girlfriend is a big damn deal."

"Yeah," she whispered, lowering her forehead to rest on my shoulder. "I'm trying to be confident...but I'm not doing a good job."

"You changed me, baby. Don't ever forget that. I'll never go back to meaningless hookups and one night stands. You've shown me what I've been missing. And you know what..."

"What?"

"I want more...right now."

Her face brightened when she saw the devilish gleam in my eye. I climbed out of the car and grabbed our bags from the back. I chased her up the stairs to our apartment and when we tumbled inside, I tossed the bags down and grabbed her up. She gasped when I lifted her off her feet and wrapped her legs around my waist. "Now where were we?" I growled, backing Cami up to press her into the door. "Right here?"