Aly | cont romance & reverse harem

Wattpad name: mercifulmeh
Instagram: authoralybeck

Having read Aly's work, I can attest that Aly will take you there

Having read Aly's work, I can attest that Aly will take you there. She has completed three contemporary romances (including reverse harem!) and a few more on the way. "Sex and Dancing" is in the works. If you're already a fan, you may recognize Bodhi as the MC.

A self-proclaimed couch potato (A/N same, girl, let's find something to watch) who would rather not leave the house, Aly is a character in the best way—she is funny, and smart, and has a great sense of humor about herself and life, and it shines in her books. Check out her work: you'll get a lot of steam, but I promise you there are storylines, too!

"I'm anti-social. I eat too much. Obsess too much. I'm a hot mess haha. I'm definitely overly polite. I put other people's needs above my own (Good? Bad? 🤷‍♀️). I always try to be very respectable.... I try to write every day, even if it's two words. I tell my kids I love them every day, so they don't forget."

What do you love to write? Do you have a favorite character?I love to write romance

I love to write romance. That ooey-gooey feel-good romance. And angst, lots and lots of angst. I love to make a reader feel. Cry. Laugh. And especially curse at me. Those are also my favorite books to read. I love being so invested in characters' lives, it transports me there.

My favorite character I've ever written is Carter. 😍. He's mean, cruel, and completely misunderstood. He's had a rough upbringing. A vacant mom and a father who used him to further his aims. But...he has a soft heart only for his girl.

I have this thing for tortured bad boys, I guess. Seger West is also my favorite character I've written. Sarcastic, foul-mouthed, but loves with his whole heart.   

What are your writing habits like?
I love coffee first thing in the morning, finding the perfect book to get lost in for hours, and writing. Writing is my escape. Reading is my journey. And coffee...coffee is my heaven.    

I put out a chapter a week, usually at 6,000+ words. I tend to write off and on all day long, mornings are the best time for me. But I still have a full-time job, kids, and a husband, so my life is crazy.   

What do you love about Wattpad, and what's rough?
Instant feedback! I'm not perfect and being able to test the waters with readers is important to me. I love their comments. I love seeing what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Also, the community! I swear, I've met the most beautiful people there. They're all so encouraging and ahhh I just love them!

The hardest thing about Wattpad? I think....is getting noticed. The whole, getting people to your stories is rough. Especially when you don't write what's "in". (Nothing against popular books, I am overjoyed for other people and their success.) Your story could be absolutely amazing, but getting traffic to it....it's hard..... (A/N I'll wait here while many WP authors leave a comment on this spot!)

 (A/N I'll wait here while many WP authors leave a comment on this spot!)

Is there something you must do when you're planning and writing?
Hnmmm. I have to listen to music while writing. I have a notebook for every project I work on and I outline the chapters that way. Each character gets their own page with their descriptions, likes, dislikes. I only recently started doing this.

After writing Sex and Retribution, I got to a point where I didn't remember eye colors, and wow. Who knew writing an RH with so many characters and details would be so hard.

Who do you love to read on and off WP?
Tate James. Susanne Valenti and Caroline Peckham. Callie Rose. My favorite book of all time is called Four Psychos and my other favorite is the Oak Park Prep boys.

For Wattpad authors, rubyranawrites —her To All the Men Book is amazeballs. Gosh, there are so many out there that I love.

☀️

Please leave Aly some love and add her work to your library. Add this book to you library, too, so you can find more authors. Read an excerpt on the next page, but hit that star below before you move on!