Anger

Sophie opened her eyes to the dull white room she'd slept in the night before. It had been two weeks since the night she had talked with Keefe. After they had talked she'd headed back to her room and into bed. As she had left though she could've sworn he whispered something to himself but she hadn't been able to hear it clearly.

Quickly sitting up Sophie's head turned towards the blue elephant she was currently hugging to her chest. Ella. Staring at her for a moment she could hardly believe how far she'd come. From being an abnormal human to finding out he was actually an abnormal elf. And Ella had been there the whole time. Admittedly Ella was a little worse for wear, bits of dirt tinged the blue fluff and her color was a bit faded, however, she was very much intact. Sophie set her down and got dressed, only after she walked to her door did she realize she could hear voices. Quietly she pressed her ear to the door and listened.

"Terik was their undercover, he's a member of the council and-" a voice that seemed familiar began, only to be interrupted in a fierce huff.

"I don't care if he's a member of your fancy council, Kye's parents are in danger, she is in danger. Not only did they take her parents but she was left there alone. It's a miracle I came back at the right time" Keefe said, his voice strained. Fear obvious in his voice.

"I understand that, but-" The voice started again but Sophie could practically feel Keefe's anger.

"No. You don't understand. No one does in this little world, because we all chalk ourselves up to be better than humans, to be smarter and prettier, and whatever else, we call ourselves perfect but it's all fake, you're fake. No one gets it, you guys should've saved Kye's parents when you had the chance." Keefe said

"Maybe. Maybe you're right. But we didn't and this is where we are now, Terik is in a state of mindlessness and I'm asking for your's and Sophie's help."

"What happened to Terik?" Sophie asked, unsurprised to see Councilor Emery standing in front of Keefe.

"Sophie..." Keefe started, but she shook her head, if Councilor Terik needed her help she would give it.

"Terik was under instruction to infiltrate the Neverseen, he had a history with someone in the group so he figured he could gain information that we might use to take them down." Emery started, offering a tight glare when she sought to interrupt and ask who Terik knew.

"He ended up going to Kye's house and was with the group who took her parents and brother. Shortly after, we think he was found out, we had set up a way to communicate but after a week of waiting he hadn't updated us on information so we searched for him and found him in an abandoned Neverseen base in a state of coma." Emery paused as Keefe sighed, Sophie turned to him confused but then looked back at Emery when he started talking again.

"At first we thought his mind was broken but after a quick check we realized it was fully intact but his mind was racing so fast we couldn't wake him up. We think something happened that's blocking his wake and us from searching his memories. We wanted to ask you for help." Councilor Emery finished and Sophie opened her mouth to say yes.

"Sophie, don't." Keefe started but she shook her head. From what she could understand from what she heard, Keefe was angry. And yes he was definitely entitled to that, but they needed to save Kye's parents, even if it meant she was in danger.

"No, Keefe, we have to, to help Kye's parents. Terik might know things about where they are." Sophie said and Keefe started to interrupt but she shook her head once more.

"I know he shouldn't have kidnapped them when he was undercover but that's been and done, we have to find them now. All right?" Sophie asked and Keefe's eyes found her own in a dark stare. For a moment all they did was stare at each other until finally, Keefe sighed.

"Fine, should've known you'd put others first," he said and added a tight grin before Sophie smiled and turned to Emery.

"So when do we leave?"

~~~