Frustration

"You want to do what now with Kye?" Keefe asked, after Ro suggested leaving her with the blonde telepath. Meanwhile Kye was running around with the alicorns.

"Have her stay here." Ro said, rubbing her forehead as if his protests were giving her a headache.

"We can't do that, I don't even know these people. Well I guess I sort of know the Ruewens, but only from story's about how they used to be social and then became like the strangest people in the world. You can't just expect me too leave Kye here." Keefe insisted, sure they seemed friendly, but he had only just found his long-lost sister. Who knew she would've been at a human orphanage?

She wasn't.

The words appeared in his head and he thrust them away, not knowing where they came from. He wasn't feeling okay ever since he fell down and awoke too Sophie. And yet it didn't feel like something natural... it felt deeper, like something had been taken away from him.

Something precious.

"Hunkyhair there is no way we're taking Kye with us, look. It's practically time to sleep, even for ogres like me. And we don't exactly have a plan this very moment." Ro said and Keefe looked at her, glaring.

"You do realize I have enough to buy an infinite number of houses right?" Keefe asked, not even bothering to fathom the thought.

"Yes, yes, a thousand homes with a million sparkles, but it's not just about a house Hunkyhair . She needs stability." Ro said and when he still looked unconvinced she shook her head.

"Fine, how about this. We leave her here tonight, than tomorrow we go visit her and you can get to know the family. See if they are trustworthy, empaths are good judges of character aren't they?" Ro said and Keefe bit his lip slightly, that sounded like a pretty well thought out plan... and after what he was going through he did want to learn more about Sophie. Something about her... it intrigued him, and it wasn't just the fact that apparently he'd forgotten her.

"Okay." He breathed out.

"Kye can stay here."

"Great!" A voice called out from behind them, Keefe turned around to face who was probably Edaline, she held a big smile on her face and took Kye inside after Keefe explainer to her what was happening and said goodbye. Grady, who had simply watched this and hadn't made a move had an indecipherable look on his face and walked up too Keefe after Edaline left.

Grady stared at him long enough Keefe almost gave up on him saying anything, but right before he suggested to go Grady said,

"You have to remember her." His eyes almost pleaded with him, and sympathy swelled up inside him.

"She needs you."

Did she?
~~~

"Suns up Hunkyhair, time to see your girly."
Ro said, waking him up. She watched him surly as he rubbed his eyes and yawned. They'd gone to the shores of solace, surprisingly it had been empty, leaving Keefe too wonder where his father was. But honestly? He preferred the absence. Suddenly Ro's words caught up with him and he sat up straight.

"What do you mean "your girly" you keep saying things like that." Keefe said, looking at her skeptically.

"Oh for all that is mallowmelt, do I have to explain everything to you?" Ro asked and Keefe nodded, she'd only explained a few things the night earlier. About how the Neverseen was a much bigger threat than he thought, who the black swan was and that he was a member. And apparently the true story of how Kye had turned up in the human lands. A not so subtle cough from Ro reminded him he had yet to answer her query.

"Yeah, I guess you have too. Or I have to find a way to get my memories back." Keefe said, still unsure if this was all true. Sure he felt a little strange but... was all he was hearing really true?

"Okay. Let me make it easy for you. You are in hopelessly and irrevocably in love with the most oblivious elf in the whole wide elfy world. Understand? Good." Ro said and he just blinked at her.

"Um... what?" He asked and Ro almost smacked him but lowered her arm at the last second.

"Ugh Lord Hunkyhair, I never knew you'd be this oblivious like blonde." Ro said and paused to study him.

"Okay here's how it goes," Ro said and then raised her voice an octave, "oh my Hunkyhair, would you like to go off on a dangerous quest to find some people we hardly know and trust and take the most valuable animal in the world with us while we wait unsuspecting and all alone?"  Ro said and flaunted her hair, fawning.

Meanwhile Keefe watched, feeling perplexed and just a tiny bit disturbed.

"Oh yes my dear, let's do that and have you almost die and I'll fall for you in the process. But instead of telling you I like you I'll just make you confused and torture all the innocent onlookers. And than I'll watch as super cognate comes and totally messes everything up, and then later you almost die. And than we almost die! And than I still can't freaking tell you I love you, so everyone in the universe wants to murder me!" at those last words Ro's voice had sunken too that of venom, as if every word held meaning.

"Got that Hunkyhair?" Ro asked.

"Maybe? I still don't get it. You're saying I've almost died sometimes and Sophie has. And that I fell in love with her?" Ro nodded.

"I don't think that happened." Keefe said, thinking on this, not sure whether he wanted it to be true. But not even wanting to think about the whole "love" thing, he merely focused on the part about Sophie almost dying a few hundred times. That... couldn't be true. Right?

"Oh Hunkyhair. Poor sweet and completely insane Hunkyhair. We've got to get you back in love with miss oblivious. I'm sick of all your non prankiness." Ro said and he looked at her confused. Ro was acting... very odd.

"Let's use the leap master," Ro said, dragging him along so they could go too Havenfield. Keefe sighed as he turned the crystal.

Ro couldn't be right could she?

Had he truly fallen in love with Sophie?