1

At who knows what time of the day is, my eyes shot wide open. As if a defense mechanism from the blinding light, it shut itself tight and prepared.

Without a doubt, white walls on every corners of the room painted with uncomfortable silence.

I am at the hospital.

Roaming my sight, I saw the most beautiful woman I got lucky to be married with completely had her head bowed on my bed.

When my hands felt the desire to brush those silky strands, her body jolted and like its own cue, she held her head up.

Facing me, with orbs I will always be longing.

"Jen-"

Before I can greet her myself, A hard slap proceeded my wife's hand.

"W-why?"

Dumbfounded is an understatement.

Jennie was always gentle, but gentleness from the person I love surely gone out of sight.

Her eyes weren't smiling the way it used to meeting my hazel.

And her lips, they were dry, not amounting to anything close to affection but hate.

"You killed my child!"

To my realization, a flash of the past trailed my head.

A flight towards Iceland, I was with my Ellie, our 5 years old child. Holding him close to me when he requested to be near the mirror as his seat.

The plane smoothly ventured through the air for an hour, when I felt the urge for a release.

I spoke to Ellie before I go.

"Son, Dada would have to pee. Would you stay here and wait for me?"

"Yes Dada, Ellie will be a good boy. I promise."

He happily kissed my cheek and returned to watch his favourite cartoon as I left a peck on his forehead. My son really is not like some any other spoiled child who would throw tantrums out of nowhere.

Ellie is bright, he had it from my wife.

But his face, screams the look of mine.

Those doe eyes that can make you grant anything he asks of, his straight nose, and plump lips.

I smirked thinking how strong the blood of Manoban is.

As I zipped my pants, a slight tremor can be felt on where I stand. At first I thought my head spun and became dizzy for a moment.

But then tremors greater than the prior transpired completely breaking through my stance.

I stumbled on the floor.

'shit.' I muttered, this flight is in danger.

I tried and gathered all my strength to move my feet and keep my son safe even the tremors continuously banged the plane's body.

As I reached our place, I saw him ducking his head in fear while people around begin to panic.

Ellie was calm, even in times like this. He was afraid but waited for me still.

"Son!"

"Dada!"

I remembered how he clinged so much to my neck, as I covered his small frame with mine.

"Don't worry, Dada will protect you."

He nodded and buried his self closer to me before mumbling sweet words I didn't expect him to.

"I love you, Dada. Tell mommy too, I love her, and her pancakes in the morning. Tell her stop being a monster, because she looks pretty when smiling."

I did not understand what my child's words for, but I replied while caressing his back.

"Your mommy and I loves you too, baby. I promise we'll get another flight to Iceland for your birthday after this."

Ellie showed me his gummy smile and showered my whole face with his tender kisses.

"Best dada."

The last thing I heard before I found myself rolling at the extensive impact that pounded the plane into pieces.

Even I shielded Ellie with my entire body, I wasn't able to protect him completely.

We were separated as I close my eyes, his lifeless frame in the pool of blood imprinted a memory of a lifetime.

One that I will always regret.

"W-where is Ellie, Jennie?"

I blankly stared at the walls hoping it would award me liberty from all these feelings I can't name.

My wife yelled with her bloodshot eyes as she pointed her finger directly to me.

"Ellie is dead, Lisa! Are you now happy? H-how? How could you take my son away from me!"

Rain started to pour out my window, I never had experienced such a great storm.

"No...no...you're lying Jen! Ellie is not dead, he-he, my son... can't die."

My chest begin to tighten, I can't barely feel my heart pumping. Before I drown in the dark, the people in white robes entered the room.

I tried for the remaining seconds to seek a glimpse of affection from the feline, but I can only hope as I awake...

She can love me, again.