57. Hectic Wednesday (Casey)

I am ready to drop upon entering the house. The twenty-minute run through the grove, shouting after Mozart, exhausted the last sparkle of energy I had. I offered to Ave to walk the dog alone because he looked pretty played out himself. He would usually argue, but this time only shrugged his shoulders and flopped on the sofa. 

   This was a crazy day, the craziest I've had since I started working for MTS. 

   The closer we get to the date of the new app television presentation, the more feverish the atmosphere becomes in the office. Everyone is nervous and irritable. The problems with the patent have made even Ave quite edgy. A developer, who's usually a very nice and even somewhat languid guy, yelled at me this morning when I tried to explain the necessary changes in the protocols to increase the orders transfer speed. 

   "A week before the launch is not the right time to show off to your boyfriend what a smart-arse you are," he shouted. "You've only been here a month and you already think you're the king of the castle."

   Ave immediately flew off the handle and almost hit him. Smiley had to talk them out of fighting. We all ended sitting cross-legged on the thick rug, in the office chill-out area, under an enormous fiddle leaf fig, listening to his endless lecture how challenges should make us more focused and cooperative, instead of irritable and aggressive. We were all hugging and patting our backs an hour later, mostly because we were desperate for it to end.

   The afternoon wasn't better. We got late for the first lecture. It annoyed the professor who had obviously had a bad morning too. The result was an unexpected assignment for me and Ave to prepare a presentation about the advantages of Real Time Embedded Systems in consumer electronics for the next week. The topic is vast, interesting and giving great opportunity to shine. It's practically what we do. The major problem is that we have literally no time to work on it, unless we dedicate a few sleepless nights to the project. I saw people sneering in the hall. I have no idea why, but me and Ave being together won us the disdain of some of our fellow students.

   "Bunny, you're the best," Ave smiles from the sofa when we're finally back from the walk. "You even managed to keep him clean. Thank you, babe!"

   "It wasn't easy," I grumble. "Do you remember the huge puddle that formed on the beach alley after the recent rain? Well, I have the feeling that Mozart went out with a plan to go right there. I had to drag him along the roundabout route through the trees to avoid it. Then he, of course, managed to get loose and we did quite a good chase through the grove."

   "I'm sorry!" he says remorsefully, tapping the place next to him. "At least we don't have to bathe him. Come here! You need some cuddling. It was a terrible day."

   I immediately climb on his lap and burry my face in his neck, instead of sitting where he suggested. "We don't have much time," I mutter, inhaling the sweet scent of his perfume. "Did you forget about the dinner with Smiley and Maya? Maybe, it wasn't such a good idea to invite them in the middle of the week. I should've left it for the weekend."

   "We're visiting mom and dad on Saturday and your beloved boyfriend will be on national television on Sunday," Ave sighs, rubbing circles on my back. "Besides, love can't wait. The sooner they get together, the better. Some sex will do miracles for both of them."

   "We're not sure if it will work," I retort, although, I'm usually the more enthusiastic one. I just want to go to bed right now.

   "Oh, please! Have you seen how she looks at him?" Ave snorts. "She wouldn't be so captivated, even if Superman flew in through the window."

   "Do we need to shower before we go," I whine. 

   "Mhm," he sniffs me. "You smell like a dog. I don't mind it, but I doubt people in the restaurant will be of the same opinion."

   "I'm not smelly," I pout. 

   "Yes, you are, little Bunny," Ave coos and starts taking off my clothes. His hand slides in my boxers. "But I have an idea how to make the shower very pleasant. I'm sure my friend here won't mind some attention."

   "We have no time for that," I try to protest, although, I'm already beyond excited and semi hard.

   "I can be very quick," Ave smirks and stands up with me straddling his waist. "No more than five minutes and you'll pop out like a champagne cork."

   "Show-off," I giggle.

   "Smart-arse," he retorts and we burst into laughter.

_____________________________________________

Photo 176963383 © Ammentorp |Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 57!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤

Have you had such days when everything goes the wrong way? 😕

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in next chapter.

Love: Anny