15. Patiently Waiting (Ave)

I can't remember a thing that has ever felt more natural and right.

   I'm relaxing on the sofa. Mozart's sleeping with his head on my thigh. Casey is nested comfortably on my chest, his soft hair tickling my chin.

   I could stay like this forever. I can't even imagine the sweet boy in my arms not being here with me. He's already a part of my life and I don't want this to change.

   He's still hesitant though. I can almost hear the thoughts, swirling in his head. He doubts my intentions, us together, that it can actually work.

   I know what can make someone so cautious. He's been hurt before. I just feel it and it makes me so angry.

   "Ave, are you watching the film at all?" Casey mumbles sleepily. "Cause you're staring at me all the time."

   "No, babe, I don't care about the movie," I smile and kiss the top of his head, "I'm just enjoying being close to you."

   He snorts incredulously.

   "What?" I chuckle. "You think that was too cheesy to say?"

   Casey raises his head to peek at my face. His cheeks are red. I know I make him uncomfortable, showing my affection, but he's so cute when he blushes and I just can't resist.

   "Let me try again. I can do better," I scratch my nose, pretending to think hard.

   "Mmm, ok. You're the most gorgeous little thing I've ever seen," I start. 

   "I'm not little," he immediately grumbles. Cute!

   "Well, that's something I have yet to find out," I smirk and raise my brow.

   "Ave!" he squeaks.

   "You can change this though," I lean down and place a wet kiss on his pouty lips. "Don't you want to show me just how big you are?"

   A low sound escapes his lips. It's something between indignation and excitement. He averts his eyes. His face is now outrageously scarlet.

   Oh, shit! I can't resist this.

   I snake my hand on his chest and start slowly moving my palm down, feeling the ripples under my fingers.

   "What are you doing?" he asks hoarsely.

   "Touching you," I whisper on his lips. My hand is caressing his stomach and crawls to his crotch. I stop and rub his bottom lip with mine. "Can I?"

   "Mhm," he almost whimpers and that's all I need. I gently slide my palm between his thighs, earning a soft yelp from him. He's hard.

   "Babe, you're so beautiful. Your skin is like velvet," I mumble, kissing down the side of his neck. My fingers trace his erection and he slightly arches his back, trying to press into my palm.

   "Casey, I want you," I whisper in his ear and these words had never had so much meaning, coming out of my mouth. I think I'd literally die if I don't have him tonight.

   To my utter shock, he suddenly jumps up from the sofa.

   "I should go home," he states firmly. His voice is unsure and his hands are visibly shaking.

   "What?" I'm downright surprised. "Casey, I'm sorry if I overstepped. You can just tell me to stop. You don't have to run home."

   I'm trying to sound calm but I feel the panic, rising in me.

   "No, you didn't do anything wrong," Casey says. "I have, you know, some emotional restraints. It's just that I... I would ..."

   His voice fades and he heads towards the kitchen island. Every step he takes away from me stabs like a dagger directly into my heart.

   "Please, stay," I barely utter.

   His big blue eyes are gazing at me and his bottom lip is trembling.

   I know he wants me. I know he craves my touch. It's obvious. Why is he so afraid then? I would never hurt him.

   "Trust me, babe," I plead. "What are you scared of? I won't touch you again if you don't want to."

   Casey shakes his head. His plump lips form a frown. He opens his mouth to speak but then he decides not to. His fingers nervously twist the hem of his shirt.

   I'm frozen on the sofa. I don't dare to move.

   "But I want it," he finally speaks. His eyes are fixed to the floor. "Ave, it's crazy how much I want you."

   He sighs deeply, "It's just that I know myself. This will have consequences for me, emotional ones. I'm not capable to just..., you know, hook up and..."

   I cross the distance between us in a blink of an eye and grab his hands.

   "Casey, I would never hurt you, physically or emotionally. I already know a lot about you. I know you won't do it just for fun." I take a deep breath to calm my voice. "Why can't you believe that I truly like you and am sincere with you? Just give me a chance to prove it."

   We stay like this and I'm patiently waiting for him to decide. 

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it to the end of Chapter 15.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting!

Is Casey going to run away or finally give in to his attraction to Avery? 🤔

What do you think?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny