37. Octopus (Casey)

"Bloody Hell! How could you do this shit?" Summer is gazing at Lilly with utter shock and disgust on her face. "You just ate a whole fucking octopus. Gross! Totally fucking gross!"

   "Shut up!" My best friend is giggling at Summer's exaggerated loathing. "What do you want me to eat, only carrots and cabbage, like you? You better be careful cause you might turn into a rabbit pretty soon."

   "Don't worry about me," Summer rolls her eyes. "Worry about yourself, you sly hoe. You better not hook up with anybody tonight. You don't know when this damn thing will decide to crawl right back out."

   "And more precisely where from," Emmy adds, snorting through laughter.

   "Oh my God! You both are more repulsive than the octopus," Dahlia squeaks. "Actually, the poor animal is not disgusting at all. Lilly, you really shouldn't eat it, though. They are right, but for the wrong reasons. Did you know that it's an intelligent species and can learn even to communicate with humans?"

   Lilly is unfazed by these scientific discoveries. She directs her both pointing fingers at Dahlia and Summer, shouting, "Rabbits!"

   Dahlia immediately does the same, aiming at Emmy and Lilly, "Savages!"

   "This is the best time to sneak out and run as fast as we can," I whisper in Ave's ear.

   He pays zero attention to me, cackling at the standup comedy that my dear, insane friends are performing for the whole restaurant to enjoy. The worst part is that people from other tables seem very interested, including a group of jocks, sitting nearby, with fish-eating grins on their faces. The hell they're coming to the club with us! I won't be surprised, though, if they end up glued to the girls, considering the frequent glances they are tossing at each other.

   This will be such a fiasco! I pull on Ave's sleeve again, "Please, can we go home? Believe me, you don't want to witness what's coming."

   "Are we going to fuck?" Ave asks, beaming at me.

   "This is blackmail," I pout. "We will, if we feel like. I'm not exchanging sex against favors."

   "This answer is quite vague. Clubbing it is then," he winks and I pout more. "Aww, my sweet bunny! I was joking, babe. We can go home, if you want. I just thought that you might need to loosen up after everything that happened lately, dance with me, you know, kiss in the dark corners..."

   Argh, how can I say no to this? I roll my eyes and decide to accept my destiny.

   The jocks, of course, are approaching our table. They look good, but it doesn't make them less annoying. One of them is chewing a bubblegum. I heard him doing it the entire evening. I'm mortified when he actually starts talking to me.

   "Hey, man! How are you doing? I'm Bobby. Sorry, but we overheard that you're going clubbing tonight. Mind if we join you?" He holds his hand out to me, grinning widely. I'm only blinking. Why me?

   "Casey, breathe!" Avery elbows me. "Tell the boy your name."

   "Ah... me... I... Casey," I mutter.

   "Take his hand now," Ave whispers in my ear, startling me out of my stupor. I can give it to the guy that he's persistent, still standing with outstretched arm and smiling. We finally shake hands. He apparently interprets it as an invitation, dragging over his chair and settling between me and Avery.

   "Ave," the latter introduces himself, "Casey's boyfriend. Let's make things clear from the beginning."

   "It's obvious, bro," the new guy chuckles. "You're constantly all over him. I'm not hitting on him, if that's what you thought."

   "Nah," Ave says dismissively. "It's clear that you're straight."

   How the hell did I end up in the middle of this conversation? Not that I participate in it in any way.

   "Speaking about this," the guy lowers his voice, pinning his eyes on my face, "it's also clear that the cutie with the two buns is your best friend. Is she single? Do you think I have a chance?"

   This ultimately destroys my ability to speak. I'm a blinking sheep. Avery is rubbing soothingly my back, perfectly aware of my pitiful situation.

   "Go get her, tiger," he smirks. "I wish you good luck! You'll need it."

   I peek at the girls, happily chatting with the other two guys, who have also dragged their chairs to our table. They all seem very content with this turn of events. I'm definitely not. I know what will happen. I've already seen it. I sincerely hope that this time, at least, the Police won't be involved. There's no escape, though. It seems our, now quite large group, is going clubbing together. 

   The Bobby guy spreads his limbs towards Lilly like tentacles. Poor bastard! He doesn't know that she just ate an octopus and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 37.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

The girls seem quite wild! Do you think Casey is right to worry? 😉

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary. 🥰

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny