Chapter 10- Sophie

"Honestly why do they think you need me?" Sophie questioned, "You are a genius on your own". Dex flushed with pleasure and looked away "Are you being sarcastic or what?" "Nope none at all" Sophie responded taking her seat on the chair. "You looked worried," Dex said in a concerned voice. "Don't mind me let's just... get a secret from the Caches." "We are not starting before you tell me what's up" and he set the cashes aside.

Sophie turned towards made a cushion with her hands, and rested her head on it. "I am really worried about Keefe. How is he going to survive? Especially with his new abilities. He won't speak with anyone. They will think he is a mute! And they will not care about him a-and leave him alone on the streets to die!" At that point, Sophie started crying. Dex tried to comfort her by saying "nothing will happen of that sort... you know that Keefe if perfectly capable of taking care of himself." Sophie felt better after that reassurance. "Thank you Dex you are the best. I still don't understand why Keefe left, I mean he was there at Elwin's house. What triggered him to leave" Sophie said in a single breath, wiping a tear.

Dex looked uncomfortable. Sophie raised an eyebrow "You look funny" Sophie said. "Well uh- that night I called Keefe... and while coming up remember I told you that Lex and Bex manifested right? Well the day before Bex Lex and Rex came with me to help Keefe, right? Well when Lex and Bex touched Keefe, Keefe felt something. And when Rex touched the felt... nothing exactly how Keefe felt when my dad touched him" Dex sighed "And he told me not tell you because he dint want to worry you"

Sophie crawled into a ball murmuring "why Keefe......... why?" Dex paced his arm on Sophie's shoulder whispering "It's going to be alright. Just promise... you won't do anything crazy" Sophie nodded but otherwise, her brain said GO AND FIND KEEFE NOW YOU STUPID HE NEEDS YOU, where is he? So many questions unanswered I will leave this for when I get back home... I have a plan

"Let's final uncover a secret shall we?" Sophie announced. And Dex got to work and occasionally Sophie helping