chapter 4- Fitz

Suddenly the paper clutched in Sophie's hand caught Fitz's eye. "Can I see the paper?" He whispered in her ear. No response. "Please" he asked again Linh shook her head "She will do it in her own time, we can't pressure her" "but how are we supposed to help her if we don't know the problem!" I shouted "maybe you should control your anger issues" said a voice from behind the door. Linh and Dex snorted as the person came in. It was Biana. Fitz scowled "oh shut up we all know it's true" answered Biana in a teasing voice.

She turned to Linh "Tam will be here soon" Linh muttered something about glimmer and Dex frowned "so you talk to Tam now?" he asked in a suspiciously low voice "yes" Biana answered as she sat on the floor next to Sophie's bed. "Did you figure out what happened?" "Nope" Dex muttered sadly. Is he sad about Sophie or Biana talking to tam and if he was sad about Biana keeping close ties with Tam, why does he care?

Suddenly after a moment of silence, Sophie moved and sat cross-legged with her head down and eyes closed and some tears dropping from her eyes. Silence again. "You guys dint have to come," she said. "Of course we had to" Linh said gently taking Sophie's hand "can you please tell us what's up so that we can help you?" Fitz asked squeezing her even tighter. Finally, she gave in and handed over the paper. "This looks like a letter," said Biana standing up and taking the paper from Linh's hand" she readout

"To The Mysterious Miss F!,

Ugh- I'm already regretting starting this letter that way. But I don't have any extra paper, and crossing it out would look worse, so... I guess we'll just have to add it to my list of mistakes.

And I know you're going to think that everything I'm about to say should also be on that long list of Keefe fails. But I swear- that's NOT what this is. I'm not trying to fix everything or save everyone this time. I'm just trying to make sure I don't hurt anyone.

I can't tell you more than that without putting you in danger, so just...

trust me when I say that the powers my mom gave me are super bad. There seriously aren't strong enough words to explain how horrible they are. AND I CAN'T control them- just like I can't stop my mom from forcing me to use them.

So... this is the only way. I don't want to do it. But I have to.

And I'm not going to ask you not to hate me. In fact, it might be better if you do, because I need you to PROMISE that you won't try to find me. My mom will be waiting for you to track me down- and since I know how stubborn you are, I want to make sure you understand who you'd be putting in danger.

I'm going to be hiding the same way the Black Swan hid you.

That's why you have to stay away. Well, there are lots of reasons. So again, please, just... trust me, okay?

And since this is the last time I'll ever talk to you, I just...... I want to say that I'm really going to miss you. You mean a lot to me, Foster. More than you'll ever know.

Please be careful. Please be happy. And PLEASE forget all about me.

It'll be better for everyone that way.

You'll see.

Love, Keefe
"

The room's mood suddenly dampened. Everyone just sat there in awkward silence. Linh started crying, Biana was comforting her, Dex just stared down, And Fitz? Well, he did something completely different. He did care about Keefe running away but he snatched the paper and started reading the last parts. And since this is the last time I'll ever talk to you, I just...... I want to say that I'm really going to miss you. You mean a lot to me, Foster. More than you'll ever know.
Love
, Keefe

Did Keefe like Sophie???