Chapter 21: The end of the past life.

“If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you

“If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.”

Jeongguk was walking in the hallway back to his room. He stopped for a moment until he heard gossip in the kitchen.

"Miao, did you hear the news?"

"What is it?" Miao inquired as she stood up, wiping her hands on her hanbok.

"You're companion Kim Taehyung was caught by the delegation, he brought in front of the palace."

"Wuh-what?!" Miao gasped.

"That's true, the King and Queen were going to confront him right now. And you already know what it means, I'm sure they will going to cut his head off."

When Jeongguk heard that, he immediately ran to the palace. Taehyung was kneeling in front of the majesty, his hands tied together with his body.

"You, Kim Taehyung, had been punished of death for disobeying the rules of the palace. You had no right to speak and will face your death." The prime minister ordered while reading the law.

Taehyung was silent, he knew this day will come. The queen signaled to start Taehyung's punishment. The man pulled out the sword, he was about to do his job but an arrow came to stop the sword. The King and Queen looked in the huge door, seeing the prince coming inside with the bow. Taehyung looked behind him, he can't help but felt emotional.

"What are you doing here, prince? You should've to stay with the princess." The Queen stated as she stood up on her throne.

"Let go of my servant." That was Jeongguk's response.

"Pardon, but your servant did the crime against the palace, the committee decided to punish him." The King added.

"He is my servant, he never lied on me. He's the only person I trusted, set him free!" Jeongguk ordered.

"What's wrong with you, prince? He's just a servant, a criminal who had to face his punishment." The minister joined.

"Set him free, that's my order!" Jeongguk snarled, pointing his bow to the minister.

"Is he someone important to you? Why is the prince of Silla doing this just for a servant? What is he to you, prince?" The minister inquired with a smirk.

"He is not just a servant, he's my love." Jeongguk confessed which made Taehyung surprised.

"You're insane! What are you saying?!" The Queen howled.

"I told you, he is the person I love, set him free!" Jeongguk growled.

"What's gotten in your mind? You can't fall in love with a man, that's a sin!" The Queen added angrily.

"But love isn't a sin! I can love whom I want, and that's him! I love him!" Jeongguk confidently retorted.

"That servant brainwashed you, loving the same gender wasn't real, that's a crime and you should be punished too." The prime minister added while smirking.

"Tell them you're lying, stop your stupidness! You can't love him!" The King growled, hands balled in a fist.

"But I'm not lying!" Jeongguk growled back.

"Whether you're not lying, you can't love a servant, you are a highness, you have to marry a highness like you, not just a servant. That's against the rule in Silla, therefore, I request to torture the prince for lying and breaking the rules." The prime minister ordered.

"I accept the punishment but you have to set him free!" Jeongguk dared.

"No! Please don't say that! No!" Taehyung pleaded.

Taehyung flinched when the prince was forced to kneel. Jeongguk got flogged in his face while his parents did nothing but watch him.

"Prince, stop this! Tell them you're just lying, p-please duh-don't hurt him." Taehyung cried.

The prince got kicked on his stomach while Taehyung continues to cry, he wants to help him but a guard had a sword pointing at his neck.

"Stop! You're highness, tell them to stop! Jeongguk please stop doing this!" Taehyung cried harder, begging the King.

They were shocked when they heard the servant pronounce the prince's name.

"Torture him more!" The King added.

Which the torturer did, they wore knuckle bar, punching the prince everywhere which made the prince cough up blood.

"Y-you're highness, h-he is l-lying, h-he didn't love me, i-it's all my fault, blame it on me." Taehyung begged but none of them listened.

They continued to torture Jeongguk, later on, they stopped, leaving Jeongguk laying on the ground. Taehyung stood up, limping came to the prince. He knelt beside the weak prince.

"Wuh-why are you doing this?! Y-you can lie on them!" Taehyung scolded, crying.

"I-I tuh-told you, I-I love you, I-I can't lie about muh-my feelings." Jeongguk weakly replied.

"But this is too much! You shouldn't do this! Y-you should leave me." Taehyung cried, his tears falling on Jeongguk's face.

"Shush, stop crying, my love. I-I promised to you tuh-that I will love you till death, I-I don't care whether I sacrifice my luh-life just to save, I-I didn't regret it, love." Jeongguk stated, coughing up blood.

Taehyung cried harder, he clutched on Jeongguk's clothes as he can't stop the pain in his heart, seeing the love of his life dying in front of him. His weak heart can't handle the painful feelings.

"I-I'm sorry, tuh-this is my fault, I-I'm sorry, Jeongguk." Taehyung cried.

He flinched when he felt an arrow shoot his back, the guard behind him stabbed Taehyung from the back. Taehyung landed on the ground, beside Jeongguk with blood coming out of his mouth.

"Sinners shouldn't live in peace, sinners deserved punishment, and that punishment is death." The Queen stated leaving the palace with the King following behind her.

"I love you, Taehyung, I-I hope i-in future, tuh-they will allow same genders to fell in love together. I-I wish they will accept this kind of love, I-I will find you in our next life. I-I will make you happy, Tuh-thank you, love." Jeongguk's last word, hugging his lover's body.

That was the end of their love story, a sad tragic love story.

Many eras have come, in the 21st century, their skeleton was found hugging each other which made their country set them in part of the history.