Chapter 17: Promised

“If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you

“If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.”

Taehyung with a naked body, sitting on the ground of the abandoned house where Jeongguk brought him. He hugs his knees while looking up at the sky, he still can feel the prince's lips lingering over his body.

"What are you thinking, my servant?" Jeongguk asked, sitting behind Taehyung, covering their bodies with his royal hanbok attire.

Taehyung felt the prince's bare chest pressing on his back, he still can't believe something happened between them that only couples should do.

"Nothing, my prince, just gazing at the sky." Taehyung replied.

Jeongguk encircled his arms around Taehyung's torso, leaning his chin on Taehyung's left shoulder.

"Do you regret what happened to us?" Jeongguk inquired.

"What if I did?" Taehyung retorted inquiring.

"You don't have to regret it, Taehyung, I admire you for so long." Jeongguk replied.

"But it's a sin, I am just a servant and you are the future king, I'm a boy and you too." Taehyung explained.

"My heart belongs to you, we can run away, I'm willing to abstain from me being a king just to be with you." Jeongguk responded.

Taehyung turns around, looking at him with teary eyes.

"You don't understand what are you saying, you're the future king, you will be crowned momentarily. This kingdom needs you, the people need you, you can't just run away from them." Taehyung told him.

"The only thing I can't understand is how you have gone for a month and show to me out of nowhere." Jeongguk stated staring at Taehyung.

"You won't understand me, prince." Taehyung sighed looking down.

Jeongguk lifted Taehyung's chin making him look at his eyes.

"Tell me everything, let me understand it." Jeongguk retorted with sincerity in his eyes.

"Even if I tell you, you won't believe in me." Taehyung uttered.

"Whether if you lie or not, I will still believe in you. You're the only one I trusted, I know you won't lie on me." Jeongguk stated intertwining Taehyung's left hand that was on his chest.

"Jeongguk" Taehyung muttered.

"I will tell you something, would you believe me if I told you I met someone who looks exactly the same as me?" Jeongguk inquired.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he looked at him. He understands what the prince means to say.

"I-Is that true?" Taehyung asked curiously.