Chapter 18: Goodbye

Chapter 18: Goodbye

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”

Jungkook excused himself in his University telling that he has important stuff to do. He was currently arranging his bag on the bed, setting the camera inside.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung inquired standing beside Jungkook.

Jungkook picked up his bag, smiling while looking at him.

"I told you, I'll tour you around, didn't I?" Jungkook retorted.

"You did." Taehyung uttered.

"Come on, I'll start now." Jungkook smiled holding Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook's eyes, he was smiling but his eyes aren't. He smiled back, nodding his head. Jungkook intertwined their fingers, leaving the room.

"Where are you two going?" Jin asked while drying his hands.

"Just going out, hyung. I'll be back later." Jungkook replied.

Jin simply hums in response as the two left the house. Jungkook opened the door car for Taehyung, Taehyung got inside followed by Jungkook.

It's a complete silence inside which made Taehyung feel awkward. They arrived in front of the mall, Jungkook left the car, opening the car once again.

"Come on, I'll buy all you want." Jungkook offered while extending his hand.

Taehyung held Jungkook's hand, he leads him inside. They went to the jewelry stall, Jungkook was choosing some necklace while Taehyung was simply looking around, confused.

"I'm done, let's eat." Jungkook said dragging Taehyung into the restaurant.

They take a seat, facing each other, the waiter gives them the menu.

"You seem not in a mood to do this but why are you still doing this?" Taehyung asked noticing Jungkook was quiet.

"You will understand later, but for now, I'll capture everything with the love of my life." Jungkook smiled picking up the camera capturing Taehyung.

"What's that?" Taehyung asked confused.

"It's a camera, I can use it to keep my memories with you." Jungkook giggled.

"Why?" Taehyung inquired.

"For myself, I had to do this." Jungkook said making Taehyung confused.

He just shrugged it off, later on, the food was served to them. Jungkook was taking a picture of them, they tour around, showing the beautiful places in Seoul. Jungkook makes sure to captured everything. Giggles and laughter filled them, they were currently going to the Han river.

"It's beautiful here." Taehyung uttered as he held the rail looking at the river.

"This is the place where I can yell and free my pain, I love this place." Jungkook smiled.

"This looks like the river where I relieving after my duty." Taehyung giggled.

"The place where the mystery of my life starts." Jungkook uttered.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"I threw a stone hereafter yelling my hate to my history teacher, he wants me to search about the past, but I'm not interested in the past." Jungkook chuckled.

"I did the same too but I was curious about the future, I wish that the war will stop." Taehyung replied.

"And then, the earthquake came, and the shooting star show to me." Jungkook added.

"That's also happened to me." Taehyung gasped in surprise.

"Maybe a coincidence, opposite attraction? I'm glad to meet you. Since past, you and I were bonds, I wonder what am I in the past." Jungkook uttered looking at Taehyung.

"You're the unknown prince." Taehyung replied.

"Wow, I'm from the royal clan." Jungkook giggled.

"You know, I'm good at emotion, you may smile and laugh in front of me but your eyes aren't doing the same. Why did you bring me here?" Taehyung suddenly inquired not liking the fake giggles and smiles from Jungkook.

Jungkook leaned in the rail, looking far from the river.

"I found this place special for me but at the same time, this place will hurt me." Jungkook uttered with tears fell In his eyes.

Taehyung was just looking confused at him. Jungkook pulled out the necklace from his pocket. He walked near Taehyung, wearing the necklace around Taehyung's neck.

"Please don't remove this from your neck, this is the only thing I can give to you. I just want you not to forget me." Jungkook started.

He captured Taehyung's beauty before speaking again.

"I think, I'm ready." Jungkook mumbled standing in front of Taehyung.

"Ready in what?" Taehyung inquired.

Their eyes met, cold wind passing through their skin. Few people walking in their way.

"I'm ready to let you go." Jungkook replied almost in a whisper tone.

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked still looking at him.

Jungkook suddenly became silent, tears fell in his eyes before nodding his head.

"I'm sure, t-this is good for you, I-I don't want to fall in love with you deeper, I-it will be hard for me to let you go. But if I let you go right now, it less painful for me. I started to admire the wrong person, I don't know what the will consequences were after this. But I am sure that I will set you free." Jungkook stated.

He held Taehyung's hand looking at him sadly.

"I decided I shouldn't let you stay with me for so long, more memories, more pain for me. Besides, I wanted to be prepared when you leave me. You're the first person I ever like this much. I'm stupid. This day will be the last day for both of us. I'm glad I bumped into you." Jungkook explained while sadly looking at him.

He was staring at Taehyung with teary eyes.

"This is also my first time letting go of someone, it's hard for me, I don't want to be selfish this is right for both of us. I can't just force you to stay with me, someone was waiting for you. Thank you for the small memories you spent with me, I appreciated that. At least, in a small-time, I bond with you." Jungkook added with a cracking tone.

"You did a good decision, Jungkook, thank you for letting me go. I'm hoping for a better future. I respected you because of this." Taehyung smiled.

Jungkook cupped his cheeks, pecking his forehead with tears falling in Jungkook's cheeks.

"Y-you can go now, y-you can go back where you belong. I will find the future you, I love you." Jungkook uttered when he pulled away.

"Thank you for touring me around, I enjoyed it a lot, you're the best." Taehyung smiled.

Suddenly, everything has stopped surrounding them. The cars aren't moving the same at the clock, the people stop walking, the wind was slow motion.

Just the two of them, staring at each other, Taehyung slowly turning into ashes until he disappeared. Jungkook looked down, crying silently and everything starts moving.