Inspired by Back to December (Mari's View)

AN: So Blogger2007 asked if I was making a part two for this story, and while I'm planning on it, I needed to explore Mari's side of the story first. So enjoy her side and how she got there!

Mari sat up in bed her head and chin throbbing. She looked over to Tiki who gave her those sad eyes that Marinette had gotten so used to seeing in the last four years. When was the last time Tiki didn't look worried about her? Probably before Adrien got married. Adrien had finally worked himself into a drunken slumber. He got so much like his akumatized self when he was drunk. And seeing as he couldn't go a week without getting drunk. He needed help he never really processed his father's betrayal, so he got drunk to forget.

Tomorrow, well technically today, but it felt too early to claim this day yet,  was the sixth anniversary of the night Luka walked out of her life, sure he still showed up as Viperon when she needed him, but she hadn't seen him since her wedding. She knew he was back in Paris for a Roots tour. Her train of thought was interrupted by Adrien jolting awake. "No!" She quickly put an arm around him and shushed him. 

"Love shhh, it's okay. We are here now, everything is over." She stocked his hair and waited for him to calm. 

After he calmed down he looked up at her, "Lovebug what happed to your beautiful face?" He touched her bruise and she flinched. 

"You did Chatton." She moved his hand away, "You were drunk, likely still are. Go back to sleep, we will rehash this in the better hours of the morning." She gently pushed him back to the bed. He didn't fight and just fell back and soon slept. 

She pulled out her phone and looked up Luka's tour, he was gonna be back in Paris which was only four towns away from where she and Adrien lived now, she could make it if she left by 11. She should wait till Adrien woke up, she could always leave him a note. "Marinette" Tiki stopped her thought process, "I know what you're thinking, and just know that I don't approve." 

She said nothing, and got up out of bed and headed to the spare room, the room that should have been a nursery by now. But instead was the Kawimi room. "Tiki I'm the guardian, let me make choices. It could be better this is a nightmare. Adrien can't wear his ring anymore because he can't be trusted." 

"SugerCube, Spots is right. He hasn't been the same. He's too broken, they could save him. And Spots could be happier too. And besides, I miss my Kitten." Plag looked at Marinette. "I trust you to bring him back." 

"I don't want to watch." Tiki crossed her arms. 

"You won't have to." Mari took her earrings out and put them in the box and put the box in her bag. She slipped Sass's bracelet on. "Hey, ready to find your keeper again?" 

Sass gave her a small smile, "We've been training for a long time. It's time to put it to use. And just think how much better everything will go, you are far better prepared." It was three in the morning she should try and sleep some more. But she felt so stiff and clearly sore, she'd been crying, sleep could wait, shower first. After the water warmed her warry body she braided her hair. She curled up into her chair and slept. She woke to the sun streaming into her room, it was 9, she looked over to the bed Adrien had a concerned himself in bed. He clearly wasn't getting up soon. She wanted to get on the road soon. She found a pair of skinny jeans and her dark green Viper-styled hoodie. She left Adrien a note, saying her boss had called her away on a road trip for a client, she would call him tonight after she got settled.

She kissed his forehead, "If this goes well Kitty tomorrow we will wake up in a better world." And she slipped out the door. Just her luck as she pulled out of her town her boss did actually call her, so she had an error to runs, She could still make the show though.