26

-You were walking towards my house? I asked making sure and she nodded.

-I mean, you said that I can trust you and I didn't wanted to talk to my brother so?

We looked and each other and eventually Japan let my arm go. Suddenly, I didn't felt hungry anymore so I looked over to my sandwich, it looked good but, my stomach made a knot.

-Hey...

-Yeah? Japan asked suddenly getting excited and getting close to my face.

-Now, this sounds crazy but, what if we went on a real date? Not this phony one. Plus, you've lied to Germany about us dating... I lowered my voice down at the last part since my voice was shaking.

Japan's eyes were wide open and quite frankly, all white. I didn't know what to say so I started to play with my fingers. The last time I asked a girl out, was Indo. I cought and hold onto my arms for comfort and to stop peeling my skins off.

-A-Are you serious? Japan asked and her face got really red.

-Well, I mean... I'm basically the guy that you will actually date.

-B-But...

-I know that it's been three days since you broke up with South Korea but, I've really tried to wait but, I can't anymore! If I get you, when you're single, I-

-Yes! Japan suddenly shouted stopping me to continue confessing my love to her. We're going on a date together! Not today though, but tomorrow!

-But we've got work tomorrow.

-Then Saturday it is! Japan said went back to eating and I was really confused.

-Umm, a real date?

-Yes! She turned to me and faced me in my eyes. Real date, you and me. Us going into a restaurant in fancy clothes and eating together. It will be perfect! She shouted and grabbed my collar and rested her forehead on mine and stared to my soul. It will be perfect...

-Okay Japan, calm down. I said calmly and quite scared and so I grabbed her hands gently. What's wrong?

I made her sat down since she was standing and people were looking at us. I rubbed her back when she let me go and I scooted nearer to her.

-What's wrong? Why do you want to make it special? It's not that special, you know?

-I've lost the spark with South Korea when we started to have beer together at your house. And ever since, you were the only guy that I can be free with. With you, I have that spark... I've been actually meaning to leave S.K. for some time but never had the guts to do it. But when he broke up with me, I was happy that I can finally forget that I have a boyfriend. And we can be together! Japan sighed sadly and looked away. And the reason why I want it to be perfect is... Because I have a feeling that you're the perfect man... That we will be together. You might be the longest guy friend I've got. I don't want to lose you. I'm scared that if I tell you how I feel, we will stop being close friends... Did I accidentally said that out loud?

-So, you're telling me that you like me? That you want to be with me, like a couple?

-You weren't suppose to hear that... I wasn't going to tell you that I liked you tomorrow.

-Why? What's going on tomorrow?

-In Japan, there's one thing happening on 14th of March and that's tomorrow. At that date, the girls will give presents to boys that they like and the next month, the guys have to return the favor. So that's why I wanted to tell you that at that day! I wanted to give you gifts to show you my love.

My face got really red and I was playing with my food. Japan didn't know what to say either. We were both quiet and I wasn't looking at Japan because I was brightly red and I didn't like if someone points it out so.

-But we will still have dinner together, right? I asked and turned to her.

-I wanna have dinner with you, yes. But if you think it's awkward, we don't have to-

-Do you want to be my girlfriend?

I asked bluntly that question and looked at her. My heart never pound that hard before. I didn't know why but I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted her to be mine.

-Dang it David! She called out and punched me in the arm.

-Oww! What did I do?

-I wanted to tell you that! I wanted to do that tomorrow! But you ruined it. She punched my again at the same spot snd turned it to a slap.

-Ow okay, I'm sorry. But I've already asked you so do you want to be my girlfriend or not? I asked her again and this time she calmed down.

-Yes, I wanna be with you, David. I want to be with you so badly, David. But you took that away from me! And can I punch you one last time?

-Okay, fine. I gave her an eye roll and she smiled and punched me one more time. Happy?

-Very much! She smiled and caressed the part where she hit me. Sorry if that hurt you.

-It's fine, I'm not that badly hurt.

-Wait! We forgot!

-About what?

-You are suppose to help me clean my house, it was a deal! Are you done eating? She asked and wrapped her sandwich with the paper that was used to be wrapped.

-Um, yeah. I said and did the same thing and got up. I'll throw the trash out, give me yours.

She did and handed it and I walked towards the trash can threw it away. I felt someone wrapping my arm so I looked down and saw Japan pulling me.

-C'mon! The blood stains are dry now so it will be needing a lot of scrubs. Can't loose anymore time. Japan started and pulled me towards a direction and we both walked together with Japan's arms around mine.