13

I looked around myself seeing that I was in the hospital. I didn't imagine a hospital being this decorative, I thought they weren't even allowed to do it. I opened my mouth and black smoke came out of it. The windows were wide open so it went out. I heard a knock and so I cleared my throat before telling the person to come in.

-Heyyy Aussie, how are you feeeeling? Meri asked as he walks in slowly.

-Is he high? I asked Canada in a hoarsely voice and he chuckled.

-Nah, he's just scared.

-Well you can't blame me to feel like that, he almost didn't make it.

-I almost what?-

-Nothing, shut up. He said as he looks at Canada and gave him the stink eye. And to show you that we're sorry about all of this, we forced NZ to come back.

My eyes widened and soon enough shined from happiness when NZ step in front of the door. He slowly walked towards me and when I opened my arms, he went to give me a side hug with tears streaming down his eyes.

-I'm so sorry mate, I shouldn't have ever left. I'm an idiot. Please accept my apology mate... please, brother... He begged with his voice cracked which made me wanna cry instantly and I looked over to my brothers and they had a small warm smile which was enough for me to cry back.

-I think this is the first time seeing him cry. Meri confessed which made all of us chuckle but I thought about it, it's been a long time since I did crack and cry.

-I guess you're right... I whispered and NZ let me go and sat down and hold my hand.

-I ain't going to leave anymore. I've been with Wales long enough to know that my older brother needs me.

-I've been hoping for you to figure that out for a long time. I smiled and me and NZ placed our forehead on each other's. I don't know how long I can keep smiling to hide it. I whispered and he shook his head and look me in my eyes.

-You should have never felt that, we need each other, so I am not going to leave you, never again! He comforted me and hold my hand tighter.

There was a knock on the door which broke our silence and we all turned to face it.

-I'm so sorry to bother you all, but I really need to speak with Australia, alone. Doctor Switzerland said and Meri and Canada nodded and left.

I looked back at NZ and he smiled and let my hand go. But before he left, he whispered in my ears:

-After this, tell me about this girl you have been hanging out with.

I smiled and he waved and nodded at the Doc. before leaving and closing the door. The Doc. turned to face me and he had a worried face and walked towards me and sat down on a chair.

-What's wrong doctor Switzerland?

-Call me Switz. But um, everything's wrong with you. He told me and his eyes were alarming.

-What do you mean?

-Umm, I mean, Switz started to flip in the file and stopped on a picture, is that you have two chips inside you brain... And it's planted in one of the worst parts.

-Which parts?

-One of them being in the Hippocampus which, excuse for my bad language, is fucking with your brain memory stock. Changing something traumatizing to something that doesn't even exist. Sadly, if we want to take it out, it will be very, very hard because the Hippocampus is located in the middle on the brain, which I don't even know how they managed to plant it without leaving a scar on your head.

-And the other one?

-That one however, we can remove since it's located behind your brain. It's called the parietal lobe. It messes up your pain feeling. It can go bad to you not feeling physical touch to not feeling sick and probably die. We need to take that fucking chip out of there if you want a chance of survival. Because by looking around at your body, I saw some pretty bad bites from some very venomous snakes. Your brothers told me about you having a pretty weird obsession with dangerous and wild animals. Am I correct?

-Yes. I answered and cought and black smoke came you from my lungs. Can you explain that?

-I'm taking a guess but, since you're a countryhuman like all of us, your land is probably on a big fire or something.

-Shit that ain't good.

-It really isn't. The fire must be quite big and nasty to make it that black.

-So... What can I do?

-Well, for the smoke, drink a lot of water, it should calm the fire down a bit. The chip that we can try and remove, will of course result to surgery to take it out.

-And if you guys got to take it out, what will happen?

-... Your brothers said that when they tell you a real memory, you will have headaches, your eyes will faze and you will scream in pain, am I right?

-I guess.

-If we take it out, you won't have to deal with any of that anymore. When they tell you a real memory, none of that will happen. However, you will still have numbness in physical touch because that part is fucked up and we can't fix that, I'm sorry. But hey, less pain to deal with. Oh, and you will have a scar on the back of your head and that part can't grow any hair.

-I don't care about that since I do have a lot of hair. I chuckled and smoke came out again.

Switz looked inside his bag and took out a bottle of water and handed it to me. I took it and chugged the whole thing down.

-Thirsty aren't you?

-I mean, you told me to drink.

-... So what do you think about the surgery?

-... How much does it cost?

-Don't worry about that. Your brothers said that it was probably your Father who planted those chips. We're neighbors so I know where he lives.

-But-

-No buts. We hate each other so I don't give a damn at all. You guys won't have to pay a single cent.

-... O-Okay, if you think it's better...

-But I do have to tell you this. If this goes wrong, your pain will go numb, and that's very dangerous because you won't feel anything and your brain can't tell your white cells to fight off that thing that's hurting you. Do you wish to continue?

-... Yes.