how to get attention from a god-hide your wings

Warnings: bullying

Ships: spiderfrost, Ironstrange

I sighed heavily as I trudged through the school corridors, bumping into passing students who thought it was fun to have their wings out in a crowded corridor. Like, where is the sense in that? It did not help that I had an untreated stab wound pulling and tugging at the surrounding skin, shooting pins of pain up and down my abdomen. I had not dared to tell dad about this new development. However, that was not what was really bothering me, it was the never ending aching pain in my back. To be specific, it was where my wings were hidden.

I never showed my wings, no one had seen them except May. Apparently my wings were unnatural, not normal, mutated when compared to everyone else's. I did not know specifically why they were different, however May had warned me, if I showed them, I would be killed by someone or something.

Wings were not discriminated against in my world, they were treasured and showed off, each pair of wings representing the owner. Small and shriveled for the truly horrible people in the world, large and magnificent for the truly pure people in life. Wings changed because of this over someone's lifetime, colours did not really matter with wings, however the colours tried to represent the person's personality. Because of all this, many people kept their wings hidden and tucked away from the world, not daring to show other people their true personality.

Due to this, I never showed my wings. It had been years and years since I had even had a peak at them, meaning that they were being mistreated. Causing unnecessary amounts of pain for my spooder body. The avengers had never really noticed, it was not unnatural my behaviour, they probably thought I was embarrassed by them. The avengers however, never missed an opportunity to show off their wings, being probably some of the purist people on the planet. Different colours to show off their personality, and no matter the colour, they were all beautiful. I was a little jealous, however I had to be safe and not add any unnecessary danger to my already crazy spider life.

Anyway, back to unnecessary and boring school, commonly referred to as hell. The only reason I was really still even at school was because of my friends, and the slight fact that I can not do english. Like spelling? What even is that!? Grammar, punctuation, pfft, who said I could not use one full stop for a whole essay!

Back to reality, school had just finished and I was preparing for the never ending taunts from, guess who? Flash! After a friendly greeting (being shoved into a locker) I locked eyes with him.

"Hey" I mumbled, stretching out the 'ey' with an accompanied wave.

"Save it penis, you know the drill" He snarled, grabbing my arm and dragging me.

"Don't mind me onlookers, just being dragged to the dumpster with our friendly neighborhood bully!" I yelled over my shoulder, the sentence practically dripping with sarcasm.

"Anyone feel like being a hero today! This is your once in a lifetime cha-" I was cut off by a punch to the stomach making me double over.

"Shut it penis" Flash hissed and tightened his already bruising grip on my unfortunate arm. I wheezed as I whispered out "You should see a therapist, it is concerning how much your fawn over my penis. Like I know I am hot, but you are no-" I was cut off with another rib cracking punch.

We finally arrived at the school dumpsters, and I was, rudely, thrown to the ground.

"Apparently talking about your issues hel-" I stopped talking when an abnormally large foot made contact with my face, effectively cracking my nose.

-time skip-

This is not good, I concluded as I dragged myself up, using the friendly wall. Blood was still gushing down my face, effectively staining my tee shirt. It was a real pain to get out without anyone noticing. What was even worse, was that, unfortunately I was not allowed to patrol today, something about needing to rest. Pfft who needs sleep, not me. Anyway I had a movie night with unbelievably gorgeous, literally god of a boyfriend, Loki. I stood up fully, cringing at the way my ribs moved, this was not normal. It will be fine, I reassured myself.