A ghost with a smile

MILEY'S POV:

My life at the Uni was okayish. Same old people who hate me, because they saw me and Niall kissing at the airport. Some want to be friends because I knew One Direction. How much more selfish can people be? Recently Niley, has been all over the place. When kids here ask me about it, I smartly dodge the question. One, because me and Niall have not yet publically been out. Two, I'm not looking for more unnecesary hate.
I have got one friend here, Carla. She's great. She's been my friend from when I first arrived here. She doesn't care about the fact, I know One Direction. Well lucky for me, she isn't a big fan either. She even knows about me and Niall. She has a boyfriend, Kris. Honestly, they're the cutest. The more cuter thing is that they have been dating since 7th grade, which is freaking adorable.

Me and Carla were at our dorm, when my phone rang.

"M, you're communication device is ringing.", She said. Yes, she's weird.

"I think I have ears, thanks Cara.", I said and stuck my tongue out at her.

I picked my phone to see Zayn calling. I instantly got happy whenever any of them called.

"Miles?", His slow voice came in. Has he been crying?

"Zayn? Hey!", I said in my chirpy voice.

"L-liv's not well.", He sniffled and said.

"Wait. What? W-what happened?", I freaked out. I saw Cara looking at me, trying to understand the situation.

"She's a wee bit serious, she asked for you. We're at the hospital." He says. No no no, she can't be. I stood here in complete shock.

"Miley?" He said. I had a lot to say but nothing seems to come out.

"P-please take care of her. I'm coming as soon as possible. I'll c-catch the next flight.", I tried to get some words out. My fresh tears made their way down my cheeks.

"Okay, please take care Miles, nothing will happen to Liv. All of us are here for her.", He said. By now I was crying uncontrollably.

"I-is Niall there?", I asked.

"Yeah, here", he said.

"Hi Miley", Niall's voice came in. I could clearly tell he was crying.

"Niall, please look after her.", I pleaded.

"Yes, love. I'm here for her. I won't let her go.", He said. I loved when he tried to stay strong for me.

"I'm coming there.", I said.

"Yeah, I'll see you s-soon. Be brave Miley. I love you.", He said.

"I lov-", I was about to speak but the line went off. I sighed, it's not like this is the last time I talked to him. The thought of Liv in hospital came back to mind. I broke down even harder.

"What is it Miles?", Cara asked. More and more tears kept falling from my eyes.

"L-liv, she's in the h-hospital", I choked ony words.

"Shh, she'll be okay. She'll be fine.", She soothed me.

"I need tickets.", I said and grabbed my phone again. I saw the next flight was in 5 hours. I texted Zayn that I'll be there by tomorrow.

"What if she won't make it? What if I don't reach there in time? What if-", I was cut by Cara.

"Stop freaking out, shh", she said and held me tight. I went to my bed and laid down.

God, I hope nothing happens to her. I started sobbing hard. My tears were uncontrolable. My head started punding. After a while, I felt my eyes close and I went in my deep slumber.

--- A FEW HOURS LATER---

I woke up to the sound of beeping. What's beeping in my dorm? Did Cara bring some weird thing? I tried opening my eyes but it felt impossible. I tried hard and slowly opened my eyes. The beeping increased. Now it started to give me a headache. My vision was blur. I wiped my eyes for a clearer vision. I squeezed my eyes to see I was in a h-hospital? What?

"Oh my god, she's awake!", A nurse came in and yelled to someone outside the door. What is happening? Why am I in the hospital? Where's Cara? Where's Liv and the boys? Where's Niall? What is happening?

A doctor ran inside and checked my heartbeat on the monitor.

"Excuse me, what is happening", I managed the words to comeout.

"Miss Evans, stay with me. I'll do the check up then let you know.", He said. He did a normal check up for a while. I looked around more carefully to see that I was hooked up with machines.

"Sarah, send in Olivia.", He said to the nurse. Livie? She's alright? Am I back to London?

The door opened and Liv walked in. All better and healthy. But, how is that possible? She was in a limp condition when Zayn called. She came towards me and hugged me tight. I hugged her lightly as my hands felt week.

"Oh my god, you're awake.", She said and a few tears left her eyes.

"W-what?", I said in utter confusion.

"Where's Niall and the boys? Where's Lou?", I asked her.

"Niall? Lou? Miley, are talking about One Direction?", She said.

"Well yeah, call him!", I said.

"Oh I wish they were here but if you didn't know, they are international popstars. Why would they be here.", She said and laughed. I stared at her in shock.

"Miley, you're fortunate. We were about to cut your chords today.", Doctor said.

"W-what is going on?", I asked.

"Your family got into a car accident six months back. You have been in coma since then.", He said.

"What?", I whispered.

I'm not going to pretend to know what reality is, but I know what I think it is, and what I think it should be. Reality should be what each and every one of us wants it to be. There should be no duplicate realities, just like there are no two snowflakes the same. But I have two realities. A real one and one I made up for myself. I made it up so that I could escape my dreaded reality. Guess what? I did escape it. I didn't think it would be so real that now I hate my real reality. Oh life...

All of it. My life in my made up reality. Nothing's real. For once, when I thought I have friends, there were none. When, I thought I found the one I loved with my whole heart, he didn't exist in my real life. But, god...it all felt so real. So so real. But there was nothing there. It was just a stupid dream, a stupid figment of my imagination. Now that I think of it, it hurts. It hurts so much. I can shed tears but it will never come back. I will never have the love which I felt there. I can feel my heart loosing the soul it trapped inside. I could feel the aura of emotion escaping the harsh conditions of my barricaded heart. I drowned myself in a fake reality so much because it gave joy to my wretched heart. Now I succumb myself in it, in an attempt to restore that former joy and become myself again. But, I've become merely a shell with dead eyes and no soul. A  ghost with a smile. I'm trying to fall into deep deapths of my own mind. It doesn't matter how hard I try, I would never have those friends, I would never have my love back. God, he doesn't even know I exist. My life before isn't coming back and never will. It's all gone in a flicker.

The end.