It was always you

You were one of the princess maids. Her personal assistant better said. Someone who was really close to her but more as a friend, you were probably the only maid she really told all her problems and worries, the one she could talk about everything with.

But you were also the one who had a massive crush on her since the first day you started working for her. You never told her, of course not because she was a princess and you just a young woman starting her life. And even if you told her she wouldn't be interested in someone like you. It's been nearly five years that you worked there.

Well that's what you always thought until it all changed one night.

You walk through the hallways to her bedroom, she called for you and now you wonder what the matter was.
You knock on her door before you hear her calling you in. "You wanted to see me?"
"Yes come here please" as you heard her voice you knew something was wrong, she sounded weak and hurt. You walk to the side of her bed to see her with puffy, red eyes causing you to worry. She pats the spot next to her on bed and you sat down with a worried look on your face. She just looks at you for a moment then giving you a weak smile.

"You know I needed someone to talk to. Someone who listens to me and I trust you really much that's why you're here." You nod before she grabs your hand in hers. "I feel so bad and it's..." she sighs "Tony. You know how he acts and his affairs. I'm so sick of all this. I tried so much but...you know" You see tears forming in her eyes again  causing your heart to broke.

Seeing her like this feels so bad.
All you wanted to do is pull her in your arms and never let her go, kissing her like no one else ever did but you couldn't.

"I'm sorry i- you don't deserve him okay? You deserve someone who loves you, who cares for you, who gives you attention, who gives you what you need, who listens to you, who is always there for you and not someone like Tony." You scoff out before realizing what you just said.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said this about him." She shakes her head, smiling lightly. "No it's fine I-" she coughs hard, cutting herself off. "Everything alright?" You look at her worried. She nods. "Don't worry, I wanted to say that I believe there is only one person that really cared for me like you said before." She strikes her thumb over your hand. "And you know I tried with Tony but I guess I fell for someone new. I tried to deny it but it's really hart to deny your feelings towards a person you see every day." She looks deep into your eyes.

Wait no she isn't talking about me, is she?

"That person is you Y/n"

Your eyes widen. "W-what?" She sits up, very close to you.

"It was always you, it was always you who cared for me, who gave me attention, who listened to me, who was always there for me to help me and especially who really loved me....."

She leans closer until your lips connect with hers. First you don't know how to react but then you give in and pull her closer to you with your arms around her waist.
She smiles when you break apart.
"Y/n I just had to do it I....i fell in love with you" Tears forming in your both eyes now. No words were spoken for a moment before she speaks up again. "I'm sorry maybe I shouldn't have done this I-" You put a finger on her lips to stop her from talking. "It's fine I was just a bit surprised I think but how did you know?" She scoffs. "Wasn't it obvious how you always stared at me, how you stumbled over your words by talking to me and how you always blushed when I gave you nice words or compliments?" You blush at her words.

"See you're doing it again" she giggles before pulling you down on the bed next to her in her arms. "Stay with me for a while please?" She begs "Of course everything for you" she smiles up at you before snuggling in your chest. "It's just good to know I have someone now who I really love but you know you can't tell anyone." You nod
"I know and I'll keep this a secret I promise. I don't want you to get any problems." You kiss her forehead. "You would be the one who gets probably fired then" "I know but you would also have to explain a lot."

You lay there for a few minutes.
"Y/n?" "Mhm?" "I want you to know that you're much more than just an affair I just can't make it official you know?" "It's fine I understand.....I love you Margaret"
She leans up and gives you a short passionate kiss befor laying back down in your arms again.

"I love you too" she mumbles before falling asleep. You didn't want to go but you had to so you carefully pushed her off of you and went back out, leaving her a note, telling her that you'll come back in the morning.

That evening changed everything but in a good way and you can't help but fall for her more and more every day.