She nods as I pull my tux' over my white collared shirt. But she doesn't leave. I pause and look back up at her.

"Do you need something?" I ask, trying to sound polite even though it comes out a little harsh. I'm just extremely stressed.

Issie looks down and pushes her bangs out of her face.
"Yeah uh... I think you should make things real."

I furrow my brows. "What?"

"Between you and y/n," she looks back up. My chest tightens. I can't do this right now. I can't think about it. So I don't say anything. I just drop my head.

"Look, I know you like her." Issie slowly began smiling. This is absolutely killing me. I keep my face the same as she continues.

"She's a sweet girl. And she's made you happier. Like... a lot happier. Do you remember what Clara did to you? How absolutely destroyed you were? And then one day you started to fake date y/n and she was like a medicine or something. Millie told me all about it. About you."

Thinking about y/n makes me so happy, and yet it also makes my heart feel heavy. I take a few deep breaths.

She's with Will.

"I'm not saying you have to... but I really think you should," Issie convinces one more time. She ends it off with a small grin.

"Have fun at the dance with her alright? What time do you think you'll be back at?"

I walk to my closet and grab the only pair of dress shoes I have. "Uhm... well y/n wants to go to this after-party at one of her friends house. It's like fifteen minutes from here and it's gonna be so late so is it alright if I crash at Will's after the party?"

It feels weird to replace Clara's name with y/n. And it also feels weird to say I'm gonna be going to Will's after.

Because Clara asked me if I wanted to stay at her house. And I didn't know how to say I don't want to.

"Yeah of course! I'll let mom and dad know when they get home."

I nod in response and finish putting on my shoes before standing in front of my mirror. I look like a middle schooler getting ready for their first dance.

"Aww look, the baby boy's all grown up," Issie teases with a giggle as I walk by her.

"Haha very funny Is," I sound sarcastic but can't help the little chuckle in my voice. I grab my car keys and double check I have everything.

All set.

But god am I nervous. Why am I so nervous?

"Hey Issie?" I call out one more time. She appears by the entrance in a matter of seconds.
"What's up?"

I swallow and walk over to her. I give her a tight hug because I don't know what else to do.
"I feel scared."

She hugs me back for a little and chuckles. "Louis everything's gonna be fine. Don't be worried. It's just y/n! She's the sweetest."

My heart increases at her name. Y/n.
She's the one making me so nervous. And she's not even my date.

I pull away and look into my sister's eyes. "Right. Thank you. See you later," I wave.