| 7 |

Chapter Seven

~

Walking into school today was the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever done. Not because I told Louis yes...

But because I said I can't do it.

And I felt horrible, which I know I shouldn't. But it's so much pressure, and so much stress to put on a person.
Especially a person like me.

Before I head inside the school, I pause and just close my eyes. I already know it's gonna be chaos because everyone saw me and Louis kiss. It's gonna be absolute chaos.

"Oh what the hell," I scoff and open my door, "Just go inside y/n."

I get out of my car and walk up to the school. December's already in just three days and it's really cold outside. But not the snowing kind of cold. No it's the windy, dry and below freezing air.

The worst kind of weather (in my opinion).

I open the doors to the school and walk inside, instantly feeling my heart beat skyrocket when I see Louis.

I mean really? The second I walk inside? I can't escape the boy, I swear.

My cheeks flush red and instead of walking up to him and all his friends, I make a sharp right and walk towards where me and my friends wait in the mornings.

I see Noah and Gaten, but no Finn. Odd?

"Hi you guys," I gently sigh and stand beside them. Gaten looks at me and smiles a tiny bit, "Hey y/n..."

There's a silence between the three of us.

"So... where's Finn?" I ask, looking down at my shoes to make sure the knots seem tight enough to not fall unloose.

"He's uh... he's at the dentist," Noah filled in, slightly clearing his throat and running a hand through his fluffy hair.
I furrow my brows and look back up at them both.

"At 7:30?" I question, feeling confused on why he'd go so early in the morning.
"It starts at 8," Gaten's quick to fill in.

I nod a little and once again it's silent.

I know what's causing this. I know they both have the same question and they're eager for an answer.

"I said I couldn't."

They both look up at me.

"I told Louis I can't fake date him."

In a second they both smile and let out sighs of relief, lightly chuckling.
"Thank god!" Noah exclaims, dropping his folded arms to his sides.

"I swear I was gonna beat you up if you said yes," Gaten says and holds a finger up to me. I roll my eyes and shove his hand away.

"Well then I'm glad I didn't," I lightly sigh and once more look down.

"Was he mad?" Noah asks again. I look back up from the floor and shrug with a head shake.
"No, he said he understands and he apologized for everything like a gazillion times."