| 37 |

Chapter Thirty Seven

~

Louis POV
~

My phone began ringing at around 10:30 at night.

I had decided to sleep early and try to get rid of my headache. It worked for a while, until that same annoying ringtone was playing.

I ignored it the first time, deciding to let it ring.

The second time, I picked it up and it was Clara. So I declined. I'm not in the mood to talk to her.

But now it's the third time. She's calling me again. Now I have no clue why Clara Wilson, my ex, would ever call me randomly at night. But I decide to answer anyways.

"Seriously what is going on," I roll my eyes and pick the phone up from my bedside table, turning on the lamp.

I hit answer.

"Louis? Oh my fuck thank god you answered!" She blubbers through the phone. I rub my eyes and sit up, letting my blanket fall off my shirt.

"Clara what is it? Why are you calling me right now," I tried to sound calm but I couldn't help the irritant tone in my voice.

"Louis, James hurt y/n!"

My heart stops.

"I walked in on him kissing her all over! All over," she cries even louder, "and when I tried to stop him he yelled at me and then just left her and-"

"Wait what?" I quickly sat up from my bed and reached for a hoodie that was laid on my floor, pulling it over my head as she continues talking.

"She's here right now but she's passed out on the bed! I didn't know who to call because I don't have her friends numbers and I tried calling Will a thousand times but he didn't pick up and I-"

"Clara, slow down. Take a deep breath okay? I'm right here," I force myself to sound calm for her as I pull my shoes on and instantly head for the my closet.

"Do you know if someone drugged her? Did James like- do it to her or-"

"I don't know Louis! I don't even know what's happening!" Her breath hitches and she continues sobbing, yelling at me through the other end of the line.

"Okay it's okay," I myself started to feel panicky, "calm down. I'll stay on with you alright?"

"Okay... Louis please hurry," she cries again.

I throw my hood over my head and leave my bedroom, dashing across the hall while trying to stay silent.

I made it outside, basically running to the car at full speed. Thankfully my sisters in her room. I wouldn't have had time to explain everything to her.

I slam the car door behind me and push my keys into the ignition, quickly turning on the car.
"I'm on my way, just stay with y/n okay? Make sure no one else comes in."

She lets out a mumbled 'mhm' and sniffs. Millions of emotions are piercing me right now.

I'm fucking pissed at James for hurting my girl.