| 15 |

Chapter Fifteen

~

Well that little flame of confidence wore off sooner than I'd hoped.
Because I'm sure I look like an idiot, sitting here in my car and staring at his house.

Just like the first time I was here.

Then again, I'm not really hungry for this second muffin.

I take a deep breath and open my car door, stepping out into the cold winter air.

I honestly don't know why I'm here, but I just feel like I should clear some stuff up.

I walk up to their door, taking multiple deep breaths, and pause at the doorbell.

Imagine how awkward it would be if he wasn't home.
Okay maybe this is a bad idea.
No. Just ring the doorbell.

I press the button once, and a little chime rings through the inside of the house.

But nothing happens.

It's silent from inside, and there's no shuffling or "I got it!"

I wait a few more moments, and then ring again.

Nothing.

Great. I guess my thoughts were right. He's not even home.
I guess we just get to be awkward for even longer.

With a sigh, I turn back around with the muffin bag in my hands and start walking back to my car.

I knew it was stupid to come over anyways.

"Millie get the door!" I hear some light giggling and scrambling from inside.

I pause and turn back around, just as the door opens.

A girl stands there, long dark brown hair tied back into a messy bun. She was wearing a blue apron and had streaks of white powder covering her nose and forehead.

"Can I help you?" She politely asks, slightly out of breath.

Oh.

I squeeze the muffin bag tighter and nod a little.
"Uh yeah... I'm y/n. I'm wondering if Louis' home?"

The girls jaw drops and it soon forms into a smile.
"Hold up. Y/n as in... Y/n Hawke?"

How does she-

"Yeah? Yeah that's me," I tuck a piece of hair away and take a couple steps back to the front door.

The girl turns back and calls out into the kitchen, "Oh my gosh, Issie! It's the girl that Louis' pretending to date!"

My face goes bright red. Louis told them the truth, and I told Maya that me and him were actually dating.

"Wait really?" I hear another voice from inside call and a second pair of footsteps shuffle up to the door.

A tall girl with short black hair stands in the entryway, she too had an apron on and her hands were covered in a pale cream dough.