| 36 |

Chapter Thirty Six

~

Louis POV
~

I arrived at home with a racing heart. I don't know what's gotten into me. I don't know why I punched him.

And I don't know what he's gonna do in return.

But that's not my focus right now. My focus is on my killer headache and the blood on my face. I don't want Millie to see me. I don't want my parents to see me. I know that's impossible though.

It's kinda hard to cover a black eye.

I walked in the house with my face dropped towards the floor and my hands shoved in my pockets. I tiptoed across the hardwood floor, hoping to not make a noise.

A few boards squeak a bit but I eventually make it to the bathroom and lock the door.

The second I saw myself I tensed up. My eye was already bruising, there was a streak of blood rolling down my right cheek and my jaw. I looked rough.

Turning on the faucet, I splashed some cool water on my face, being gentle around my eye. The blood washed away but the cuts remained.

I take a really deep breath and pat down my face with a dry towel, then unlock the door and tiptoe out.

But maybe I should've waited a moment more, because there was Millie, walking out of her room. She had AirPods in and was gently bopping her head to the music.

My eyes flash open and I drop my head to the floor.

"Louis!" She takes one out of her ear and looks at me.

I keep my head planted on the floor and give her a thumbs up.
"Hey Mills..."

I can basically feel the skepticism in the silence between us. She walks over to me and I turn away, starting to walk to my room.

"Wait Louis what's wrong? Why are you staring at the floor?" She laughs a little because I'm sure I look like a toddler having a fit.

"Nothing, I'm fine."
I keep walking until I reach the safety of my bedroom and collapse on the mattress. I heave a great sigh of relief and this time, stare at the ceiling.

I close my eyes and force myself to slow down. Catch my breath a bit. My head is throbbing in pain and my knuckles feel sore from all that punching.

There's no way I'm going to that stupid party tonight. Not if it means he's there.

I hear knocking on my door and instantly roll my eyes.
"Millie just go away," I grumble and turn to my side facing away from the door.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" She ignores me and speaks through the wood.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine."

"You didn't look fine."

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you have a cut on your cheek?"