| 20 |

Chapter Twenty

~

"And you're sure you have everything you need?" Maya asks one last time, proudly smiling at me like a mom.
"Yeah yeah I have everything. Now stop treating me like I'm a second grader going to her first sleepover," I sigh and check the time on my phone.

Eight.

I told Louis' I'd go to the party, and he told me he'd come at eight.

"It's normal to feel like uh scared and stuff right?" My words lightly shake and I tuck my phone back into the pocket of my pants.

Maya shrugs and looks at my outfit.
"I don't know what there is to be nervous about. You're gonna be the hottest bitch in there."

"Maya!" My eyes grow a little wide and I start spinning Louis' ring around my finger.
She chuckles a little and looks back out the window to double check a car wasn't here yet.

"No but seriously y/n. Don't be nervous. You'll have fun! And plus, since mom isn't home I get to decide your curfew," she throws he a smirk.

I look over to her with curious eyes and fold my legs on the couch.

"Let's say... midnight?" She asks.

"One?" I bargain, just because it's fun. Obviously I don't wanna stay out that late. I'm not even sure if I wanna go to the party. But it's kinda fun just to see how far I can get Maya to go.

"Okay fine but that's it. No later," she sighs and looks over at the TV that was lightly playing in the background.

A little sooner than I'd hoped, the doorbell rang.

Maya leaned back in her chair and stared out the window to our driveway.

"He's here!" She smiles and looks back at me, gently clapping her hands.

I felt a sharp stinging in my chest for a moment.
"Alright I'm gonna go then... I promise I'll be back by one," I throw her a wink to mask how incredibly anxious I was

"Have fun! Tell him I said hi!" She waved as I approached the door and pulled it open.

"Bye Maya!"

"Bye y/n!"

The second I open the door, there he stands.
His picture perfect fluffy hair, chiseled jawline and welcoming eyes.
His fingers detailed with a few rings, a necklace resting on his jumper.

"Woah," he smiles and his eyes trail down my body, then carefully make their way back up to meet with mine, "you look very pretty tonight Hawke."

I step forward closer to him and pull the door shut behind me. I swear it's getting colder by the day.

"Not so bad yourself Partridge," I tease back and gently nudge his arm.
Something about the boy makes me a little less nervous, and a little more comfortable.

The sky was already dark, and the only light was the ones hanging on the rim of my house for Christmas.
We walk side by side to his car, making little chit chat over small things. Giggling and occasionally making eye contact for a split second.