| 35 |

Chapter Thirty Five

~

"Hey y/n," Noah said casually to me as I walked inside the school. He was leaning against his locker (which is four from mine) and looking down at his phone.

I threw him a little smile and twisted my code into the lock.
"Hello."

It's a Thursday. It's been a few days since I made up with Finn, and things have slowly been going back to normal. Me and my friends are talking again, sitting at our old table. It's relieving to be honest. I didn't really like eating my sandwich while hearing other people pee in the stall next to me.

But it's not 100% the same quite yet. We're having the kind of conversations you have with friends. Not best friends.
But we'll get there. I know we will.

We always do.

"So you going to that party tonight at Ollie's?" Noah asks, turning off his phone to face me when I shut my locker.

I scoff a little. "You mean Oliver's? Not a chance in hell."
He nods a bit and his lips curve into a small grin. "Yeah that's what I figured..."

For a moment it's silent and I check the time on my phone.

"Okay well how about the dance?" He brings up yet another event. I raise an eyebrow.
"What dance?"
"The Snowball," he shrugs, returning to his phone.

The Snowball. It's our schools winter formal. Usually takes place around end of January, early February. And in all honesty, I haven't even thought out it until now.

"Only if you guys are going. Otherwise I'll be alone," I chuckle a bit, "and why are you even talking about it? That's not for like..." my voice trails off.

He throws me a smirk.
"Not for like what? Two weeks? I know. It sneaks up on me too."

I raise my eyebrows in shock. I hadn't realized how many things were coming up. There's a party tonight, a dance in two weeks, and soon enough I'll be taking finals, and eventually graduation.

I don't wanna think about what happens after that.

"Woah," I mutter under my breath and walk over to a random locker, leaning against it.

"They say time flies in high school," he shrugs.

I keep my eyes fixated on the wall ahead of myself.
"Yeah... well damn they weren't lying."

Shortly after, Finn and Gaten walk in together and join us at the lockers. The boys start talking about their classes. Gaten worrying about his Physics test, Noah complaining about the finals and Finn saying he think's he'll fail them all.

But after my short conversation with Noah, I hadn't really realized how soon this would be over. My mind had been consumed with the drama of my friends, that I hadn't even realized I'll be graduating in a few months.

It honestly makes me feel sick to think about. Worried.
So I quickly pick up on the boys conversation, and try to distract myself.

~

"Alright class lets take out a sheet of paper and start working on numbers 1 through 30 on the board. Only do the evens. Twenty minutes on the clock," Mr. Brown announces and walks back to his desk, typing away at the keyboard.