| 34 |

Chapter Thirty Four

~

I can only take so much.

I can only take so much of being alone. Without my friends. Without my family.

Kinda like a glass of water. It starts off empty and the more you add, the less it can hold. Eventually that cup's gonna overflow. And I need to stop that before it can happen.

That's my plan for today. To dump out a little bit of that water. To take it back. And I'm gonna start with my friends.

For the first time in a few weeks, I walk into the lunch room with my head held high. I didn't care to look where my friends had chose to sit today.

I just kept my vision on Will.

He said if I needed anything, I could come to him. And I really do need him right now.

As I approached his table, I tried my best to ignore Louis. He was sitting right next to him.

"Will," I said out loud, stopping when I'm beside him.
He looked up at me and smiled that same "Will smile."

"Hey y/n, what's up?" He shrugged and popped a fruit snack in his mouth. I held my breath when I noticed Louis looking at me.

"I need to talk to you. Can you follow me really quick?" I say super fast, hoping to get away from Louis as soon as possible.

Will pulls his brows together and hesitantly stands up, "Okay? Is something wrong or-"

I cut him off my grabbing his wrist and yanking him with me as I head toward the lockers. Will let out a little "oof" and quickly followed.

I go two rows in and let go of his wrist.
"You said if I needed anything I should come to you. And I really do need something right now," I say a little out of breath.

He nods and listens for me to continue.

"I need my friends to be okay first. I can work things out with Louis another time but right now, I need my friends," I take a deep breath.
"So after school, could you find a way to get Finn to the south side park?"

Instantly I see confusion on his face.
"Wait you're gonna fix things by dragging him to a children's playground?"

I roll my eyes playfully and give him arm a gentle punch.
"I'm serious Will. Find a way to get him there. Any way. Just don't mention anything about me. Okay?"

Nervously, he chuckles a bit.
"When I said I'm always here for you, I kinda meant if you need to rant. I didn't sign up to be some sort of spy-"

"Will please. After this I'll be out of your hair," I try to convince him, but all I get is a goofy smirk.

"I'm kidding. Of course I'll help. I mean it might be difficult but I can do it," he agrees.

Relief and worry flood me simultaneously, and I heave a breath.

"Thank you. Thank you so so much."
For a moment I think of giving him a hug, but decide against it.