Chapter 20

You watch as I sit silently on the familiar bench. I do not know if you realize but slowly we are coming to an end.

"Unfair, is it not?"

You nod your head. Reading each word carefully. Trying to understand every single meaning.

"Do not hurt your beautiful eyes mi amore. They are more precious than gold."

You laugh at my flattery. But still I hear nothing.

"I had been a sceptic before I met you. I thought love was a made up thing. Something we could chase after. Something we could hope for. But now, knowing you, I have fallen in love with love. You have become my undeniable miracle."

Your eyes sparkle like they did in chapters before. I smile falling for you all over again.

In you, I have finally found all I never dared dream I could deserve or have. The kind of love that is rare.

Still I sit on the bench as the sun sets. The sky turning into all kinds of colors. Seemingly painting our love story.

I look at you, trying to collect every detail of your appearance and saving it to my memory. Hoping that you would never fade away.

As the sun disappears behind the horizon I tell you I love you. And even though I cannot hear your voice, something whispers..."I love you too."