Chapter 13

You open my book slowly. Scared of what you might see. Scared that I'm going to be gone forever.

But relief washes over you as you see a figure sitting on the bench in our park.

"You left without saying goodbye. You had no reason to be scared. I would never leave you. I just wanted to wash away all my worries."

You knew I was telling the truth.

 The author once told me there were two types of love. A love worth dying for and a love worth killing for. I do not think I fit into one of those categories.

I always disagreed with her. See I think there is a third type of love. A love worth living for. Every atom of my body wanted to live for you, but I can only write so many chapters.

"I've been thinking. Maybe one day in another life we could really meet. I could hold your hand and whisper you sweet nothings as we watch the sun set. Wouldn't that be nice?"

You think it over not wanting to upset me. You nod your head and put on you brightest smile which succeeds in fooling me.

I smile back at you oblivious to the tears that threaten to spill from your sad looking eyes. For you know we will never meet. You know this is only temporary.

"I wish I could explain how wonderful you are. How I could look into your eyes and never get tired of their beauty. But you have me at a loss of words."

You read as I admire your beauty silently. How could someone be so gorgeous. How could someone alight me with just the touch of their fingertips. How could I be so completely and utterly in love with you.

You are my everything.

This time you close the book happily with no regrets.