Chapter 16

I had been looking forward to seeing you again. Not leaving the bench for hours at a time. I had begun putting more effort into how I look. Hoping my appearance would make you fall even further. But it's safe to say I'm not that good at hiding dark circles.

I was trying to impress you. Clearly I wasn't trying hard enough. So instead of embarrassing myself in front of the person I love, I decided to stick with my charm. Talking.

"My author told me once that someone cannot love another without loving themselves first. I completely agreed with her. For how could you give love if you did not know what it was, right?"

You nod your head in thought.

"But after I met you, I must say I disagree. I love you with all my heart but I still do not love myself. I'm trying though. Trying to see the beauty within me."

You give me a sympathetic smile. Feeling proud that at least I am trying.

"But how could there be beauty inside of me? I am void. I do not live normally. I am made up. A figment of imagination. How could I love myself if I do not even exist?"

Your at a loss of words for everything I say is true. But how could you keep quiet while I'm hurting inside. How could you not comfort the person you love.

I close my eyes and try hard to read your thoughts and through all the noise in your little head I hear a faint..."Stay strong."

Suddenly all my doubts vanish for I had you. And with you I could conquer the world.