Chapter 18

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

Clocks. That's all you see. A room full of broken clocks and the person you love laying in the brokenness of it all.

"The thing about broken clocks is you can always tell exactly when they stopped ticking."

You nod your head not sure where this conversation is going.

"With people it isn't so easy and sometimes you can't even tell there broken. What if I'm broken? Would you still love me?"

You stare back at the pages filled with questions you don't know the answer to.

You hesitate. Which tells me everything I need to know. I smile sadly, finally understanding that there is no we and that there will never be.

"Sometimes love just isn't enough I suppose."

You try and speak up. You try and tell me that I have the key to your heart. But your words fall on deaf ears. You feel hopeless as your love lay closed eyes on broken glass. You watch as small fragments of glass pierce my skin, crimson liquid seeping from the fresh cuts.

You call for me over and over again. But I don't hear you. Call louder! Shake the book! Wake me up! Please, save me!

You become consumed with this overwhelming feeling. Fear. Fear that you might lose me. Fear that this would be our last chapter.

So you cry. Tears fall on my pages. I feel the wetness and open my eyes. I slowly stand up and look at your current state. You look at me with such relief.

You talk but I only see your mouth move. So I shut my eyes and listen to your thoughts. You startle me as I hear how worried you had been. I smile at you and for once I felt like I meant something to someone. For once I was needed. For once someone cared.

You watch as red drips from my wounds onto the clocks. You never knew how broken I truly was until this moment. For all this time I had tried to make you happy and ended up neglecting myself.

You close the book unable to stare at the blood any longer.