Chapter 12

Our setting is different today. Instead of the park bench I'm standing in the ocean. It's already dark outside and a cold wind has started blowing. You watch as I quietly sit down. Half of my body submerged in water.

"Leave your problems by the ocean they say. Run bare foot in the sand and let the water be your soft bed."

You try to ask me something but I cannot hear you.

"I told the ocean about you. Described every detail of your appearance and told it about your beautiful smile. I boasted about my love for you. How you fill every part of my heart with adoration."

You don't understand why I am not looking at you.

"I told the ocean about you. Described how we could never be together. How ultimately you would leave and our story would end. The ocean pitied me. It tried to show its love by going away and coming back every single time."

Finally I look at you. My face tear stained and suddenly it hits you. I'm crying and you have no way of comforting me.

Slowly I get up and walk deeper into the ocean. You start to panic. You don't know what I'm doing. You try to call my name. You try to stop me but it's of no use.

So before the chapter can reach its climax you harshly shut the book.