Chapter 1

"Whoever you are holding me now in hand, I give you fair warning before you attempt me further, I am not what you suppose, but far different."

"Imagine me how you like. The knight in shining armor. The brave women with a wall around her heart. Which do you prefer?"

I listen as the gears in you head start turning.

"Actually I would rather you keep that thought to yourself, as you cannot really choose who I am. See I am not either of those people. I'm sorry to disappoint."

I kick a few rocks as I walk along the newly made road.

"The author wanted me to tell you a little bit about my scenery. I think it is completely unnecessary. What does a gravel road and a few trees have to do with my story? And please do not attempt to answer that question. It is completely rhetorical."

The corners of your lips start to move upwards at my remark.

I roll my eyes seeing how easy it would be to make you smile.

"I'm glad I could amuse you. Though I would prefer you keep your breathtaking smile for special occasions."

Your eyes light up at the compliment. The sudden expression shocks me.

"Please just stop. your expressions are giving me a headache already. "

You know it's a lie though. After all, every thought I would have from now on would be written for you to see on each page of this book.

I finally reach my home and think of a brilliant idea.

"Hey, what if every time you read a chapter we have a special place where I meet you? Walking in each chapter would tire me. I am not the most athletic."

I see you laugh and even though I cannot hear your actual voice, I'm still left mesmerized.

"And no, I am not trying to flatter you. Just a simple nod would do."

You momentarily put on your thinking face and stare blankly back at the pages of my life laying in front of you. Then slowly you nod your head 'yes'.

"It is settled then! Every chapter I will meet you at the park, near the bench that overlooks a small greenery."

I find myself smiling at your excited expression.

"Goodbye for now mi amore."