Chapter 2

"You returned."

I could not contain the joy that overtook every fiber of my being. Maybe it was because I had become lonely. But as your fingers lightly touch the tip of my page I knew I was not alone.

I hear as you silently admire our setting. It's a small park filled with trees and flowers. It's peaceful. Just your thoughts and mine while I sit on a small wooden bench.

"If I am to be honest, I did not expect you to come. I had grown to think my presence was of mere convenience to you."

You stare at me puzzled.

"I do not wish to upset you. I just like...speaking my mind."

I let out a loud sigh which catches you off guard. You carefully watch as I face the heavens.

"Truly magnificent, is it not? The duality of the sky. Clear at times and a literal thunderstorms at other times."

I watch, transfixed, as the clouds slowly move along the horizon. You stare at me, not quite sure what I am thinking in this chapter.

"If you truly wish to know what is wrong, so be it."

You patiently wait for any kind of explanation.

"I feel strange. My heart hurts but it's not completely physical. I do not know what emotion this is."

I hear as a word pops inside your head. Sadness.

"I am sad?"

Silence. Not a single thought runs through your mind. At that moment I feel completely hopeless. So I get up from the bench. Look up at your breathtaking appearance and say...

"Goodbye mi amore. May I see you again in the next chapter."

And as you close my book the sky starts turning grey.