19

TW's:
-Emotional abuse
-Homophobia

Clay's POV

I got brought to the hospital and my blood sugar got measured again. It rose to 4,1 now which wasn't the highest it could be, but not extremely low anymore. I explained to the doctors that my parents had taken my insulin and all the stuff that I needed and they immediately called someone to get me new stuff as fast as possible.

I was just laying in bed with George next to me on a chair and he smiled at me. 'How are you now, Clay?'

I shrugged. 'Very tired, but way better than before.'

'I'm glad you feel a bit better.'

I nodded and grabbed his hand. 'I'm sorry for waking you up, you were supposed to rest.'

'Do you think resting is more important than saving you?'

I sighed softly and curled myself up like a ball. 'I'm sad,' I muttered. 'Can you give me a hug?'

George smiled and gave me a tight hug, looking at me after that. 'Can you tell me what makes you sad?'

'Yesterday and this morning were really stressful.'

'Do you want to tell me what happened?'

'I was in my room, googling some things. My dad walked in and realised I like boys. They didn't give me food that evening so I took glucose tablets, but this morning they got really mad at me. They basically kicked me out.'

George hugged me tightly. 'I accept you whatever way you are.'

'Thank you. My body and my mouth are very sore.'

'That's because of the seizure.'

'Do you always feel like this after a seizure?'

'No, you also had a hypo. I do feel sore often.'

I nodded and looked up at a nurse walking in. 'Hi, Clay. I'm going to check your blood sugar again, okay?'

'Okay,' I said. The nurse pricked my finger and waited for a bit, checking my blood sugar.

'It's 5,7,' she said with a smile. 'That's perfect. How are you feeling?'

'I'm better, I'm very tired, though.'

'Do you know what caused the low blood sugar?'

'I hadn't eaten well in a few days and this morning I had nothing, but I injected my insulin already. It's my parents' fault.'

'Are you able to stay at someone's place who can take care of you?'

I looked at George and he nodded. 'I'll call my dad, but I'm sure you can.'

I nodded and George stood up to walk away while calling his dad. I just laid in silence as I stared at the ceiling, waiting for George to get back. He came back after a minute and smiled at me.

'We have a spare room where you can sleep for as long as you need.'

'And my bags?'

'I'll go with you when you pack those.'

I smiled and that was how it happened. It was a while later when I could leave the hospital and I slowly walked home with George and his dad. His dad was coming too, because I almost cried since I was really scared to go back.

I went inside of my house with the key I had and George and his dad stood behind me, waiting at the door. I left the door open and walked inside to see my parents sit down on the couch.

TW emotional abuse/homophobia

My dad stood up, immediately grabbing my shoulders. 'Where have you been?' he shouted at me.

'The hospital.'

'Oh sure, what did you do this time, dumbass?'

'I had a bad hypo, passed out and had a seizure, because I didn't get any food from you.'

It was quiet for a little and then I got pushed. 'Is that your excuse to see boys?'

I started shaking because of anger and pulled away from his grasp. 'JUST SHUT UP, STUPID IDIOT,' I screamed at him. 'I'm packing my bags and I'm leaving.'

'Pfft, sure. You're too scared to even-.'

'NO, I'M NOT SCARED. I'm going and I might never come back.'

'Good luck finding a place to stay.'

Then George's dad walked in and grabbed my dad's wrist so he would let go of me.

'He has a place to stay and I consider going to the police for what you've done. How could you grab his insulin and everything he needs for diabetes, just because you want a "normal" son. My son has epilepsy and I love him with all my heart.'

'My son is gay as well, he's a disappointment. No one will ever like a guy like that.'

'My beautiful son is gay too and I love him, just as I love Clay.'

'Oh, so that's why you're getting stuff to move out. To make out with that other idiot?'

TW over

'I don't know what they do together and that's something between them. If they kiss without us knowing, that's good for them. Then they are happy with each other. If they are just friends, that's fine too. It's none of my business. Clay, come with me, we are going to pack your stuff.'

I smiled at his dad and walked away, packing my bags. Luckily my parents didn't come upstairs anymore.

I packed my bags and left the house without saying anything to my parents. George smiled at me. 'I'm proud of you for making this decision.'

I smiled and grabbed his hand as we went back to his home. As soon as we arrived there, George and I went upstairs so I could sleep.

'Are you okay?' I asked George.

He nodded slowly. 'I am, just a bit tired.'

'We can both sleep,' I said. 'Do you want me to go to the spare room rather than your room?'

George giggled shyly. 'I don't mind you staying with me.'

I smiled with heated up cheeks and sat down on his bed, laying down after. 'Are you sure?'

'I'm sure as long as you're comfortable.'

I nodded and pulled the sheets over me, just as George did. George was so tired that he fell asleep within minutes and in his sleep he rolled over to me. I found it really cute and wrapped my arms around his waist as he rested his head on my chest.

I fell asleep with George in my arms not long after that. I was falling for him very hard.

1053 words

Summary:
Parents are bitches and then get killed by George's dad. Sort of. With words.