7

TW's:
-Bullying (short)
CW's:
-Seizure

George's POV

I was having biology class with Clay and he sat down next to me, constantly giving people who said something to me a mean look. I felt safe with Clay next to me. He was way taller than me, he seemed pretty thin, but still muscular. It just made me feel safe to have him around me.

Clay looked over at me. 'Do you want to?'

'Huh? What?'

Clay giggled. 'Were you zoned out? Are you alright?'

I nodded. 'Sorry, I was just thinking. What did I miss?'

'The teacher just explained that we are going to set up a project. We have to make duos and choose a subject we want to do it about. Something that's a bit related to biology. I was wondering if you wanted to do it together with me?'

'That would be nice,' I whispered. I saw some people looking at me and Clay followed where my eyes were looking at. He rolled his eyes at the guy who was looking at me and looked back at me with a smile.

'Don't mind them, I'm excited to work together with you. Do you have an idea of what we can do it about?'

I looked up, deep in thoughts. 'I do have an idea, but maybe it's just stupid.'

'Don't be so insecure, just tell me.'

'Maybe we could do it about how different disabilities affect your life. Things like epilepsy, and uh- we might need to google some of it.'

'Diabetes,' Clay muttered.

I nodded. 'I'll write it down. Maybe things like autism too? And blindness, deafness, muscle dystrophy and paralysation.'

'Sounds good,' Clay said as I wrote it all down. 'Let's tell the teacher that we are together and what our subject is going to be.'

'Okay,' I said as we both stood up.

TW bullying

I was walking to my teacher's desk as I suddenly got pushed into my back. I almost fell forwards, but Clay had good reflexes and grabbed me by my waist, turning around after that.

'Dude, can you just leave him the hell alone?' Clay said as he pushed the guy away. 'Just bother someone else.'

'Why isn't that dumbass wearing his suit again? Are you still so heartbroken from what happened, stupid idiot?'

'Hey, calm down!' the teacher said who heard what he said. He stood up and pointed to the door. 'You can leave if you act like this.'

'I'm not leaving for saying the truth. That idiot embarrassed himself by asking a boy in front of everyone.'

TW over

I stared down at my feet and fought against my tears as Clay laid his hand down on my shoulder. 'I think it's really brave of him to ask someone he liked in front of everyone. I don't think anyone else here would have the courage to do that for the person they love.'

'Well said,' the teacher said. 'We aren't children anymore. We've all seen the videos and now we can leave it behind us. If you're actually so childish that that's funny to you, then I won't accept you in this classroom for any longer.'

I smiled softly as they all stood up for me and Clay pulled me a bit closer. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm okay, can we quickly tell him our subject? I want to sit down.'

'Are you feeling alright? Is a seizure coming up?'

I shrugged and started staring in front of me. 'Wait did you say something? I forgot.'

Clay frowned, quickly told the teacher our subject and said something I didn't really hear. The teacher nodded at that and Clay grabbed my hand. 'We are going outside.'

I nodded slowly and let myself get pulled with Clay towards the exit of the school. We started walking to the park and Clay sat down in the grass, pulling me closer to his body as my arm started having jerking movements.

'Are you going to get a seizure, George?'

I couldn't talk back as my body started shaking more and Clay nodded. 'You're having a seizure. I'm going to lay you down on the grass, George.'

Clay laid me down on the grass and pulled off his hoodie, laying it under my head as he rolled me to my side. I saw him look at the time on his phone and then he grabbed my hand tightly as I started shaking even more. My eyes went from left to right as my arms and legs were twitching a lot.

'Calm down, George. It's okay, I'm with you. Don't be scared, okay?'

I started gasping for air as saliva went from my mouth to the grass. Clay seemed prepared and grabbed a napkin, wiping the drool off of my mouth as I started shaking even more. My mouth was moving as well, causing me to drool even more.

Clay ran his hand through my hair and kept wiping my mouth as he held my hand.

'Calm down, George. It's okay, I'm with you.'

It took me another minute before my body started shaking less and I was exhausted as I was more aware of the world around me. I couldn't speak, but looked at Clay.

'Are you okay?' he asked, running his hand through my hair.

I mumbled something and wrapped my arms around his waist.

'Are you tired?'

I nodded and Clay lifted me up after I laid down for another two minutes, holding me against his body. He wiped my mouth again and smiled. 'Are you okay?'

'Yes,' I mumbled, closing my eyes. 'I'm exhausted.'

'Do you want to go home?'

I nodded. 'Bags.'

'We are going to get our bags and then we're going home.'

'You?'

'I can come with you so we can work on the project together. It's almost our last class anyway.'

I nodded slowly and Clay smiled. 'Are you ready to stand up or not?'

'Five minutes.'

'Of course.'

Clay waited the whole time with me as he ran his hand through my hair. 'I'm with you, George. You don't have to be scared anymore. As soon as you feel a seizure come up, please text me. I've read about epilepsy for hours so I know how to deal with it.'

'Thank you,' I muttered as I slowly stood up.

'Are you okay?' Clay said as he held me tightly.

I nodded. 'Thank you for helping me.'

'Of course,' Clay answered as we walked inside.

1074 words

Summary:
Just birch trees yk?