4

TW's:
-Homophobia (usage F-slur)
CW's:
-Needles/injections

Clay's POV

I was sitting on my bed in my room before school with my injection of insulin in my hands. I quickly injected two units of insulin before I went downstairs to eat my breakfast.

I sighed softly and stood up after I prepared my bag. I always had my glucose tablets with me along with some drinks with a lot of sugar. Next to that I had my bottle with insulin, my injection, three bottles of water and a notebook to exactly write down how many carbs I was going to eat next.

When I was really young, I got diagnosed with diabetes. My parents were actual dicks and never helped me, not even when I was really young. I was old enough now to go to the hospital myself and to calculate and inject the insulin I needed, but they were just really mean to me.

I walked downstairs with a sad feeling. It was just waiting to be sworn at as soon as I was near my parents.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal, taking the exact same amount as I usually did so I wouldn't end up taking too much insulin or too little. I wrote the amount of carbs in my notebook and made myself a sandwich for lunch.

I looked at the label to see how many carbs there were in the two slices of bread, which appeared to be around twenty-five in total. Including the ham and cheese I was going to put on it made it so I had to use two units of insulin. I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget and started eating my breakfast after I knew for sure my insulin was injected long enough ago.

I sat down at the table as I heard my mother come closer. I hid myself a little bit and ate the other bites of my cereal, putting my bowl away to quickly stand up.

'What are we eating tonight?' I asked so I could write it down in my notebook.

My mother shrugged and looked at me with an annoyed look. 'Just beans, potatoes and meat.'

'What kind of meat?'

'Beef.'

'Okay, thank you,' I said as I grabbed my notebook to write it down.

My mother didn't say anything else and I quickly walked away before my dad came downstairs. I jumped on my bike and started cycling to school as I thought about George.

I felt really bad for him after what happened at the party. Right after George left, I left too. Everyone was constantly laughing about what happened, Josh had apparently won some money because of what he did and everyone shared videos of what happened with each other. I found them childish and stupid.

I sighed and tried to remain calm. I had anger issues and could make myself really mad about things like this. Once my blood sugar got really low or high, I just bursted often and let out all my anger. It happened quite some times, but no one in my class knew why I had those outbursts.

I only told my teachers that I had diabetes. After George told the class he had epilepsy everyone started bullying him for some reason. I didn't want that to happen to me too, so I just kept my diabetes to myself.

It wasn't the greatest thing to hide it since I always had to go to the bathroom to inject my insulin and if I had too low or too high blood sugar, there was no one, next to the teachers, who knew what I was going through.

I looked around me and sighed softly. I really wished to live a normal life. A life where I didn't have to constantly worry about everything I ate and the amount of insulin I had to take. I just wanted to eat whenever and whatever, but I had to plan it all out.

I was allowed to eat everything I wanted, I just had to minimise the amount of carbs I had so I wouldn't have to take too many units of insulin.

I looked in front of me and saw the school coming closer. I was early today, not only because I ran away from home as fast as I could, but also because I wanted to be at school if something escalated with George today.

I arrived at school and put my bike in the bike storage, going inside after. It didn't take long before I noticed a picture hanging on the wall. I walked closer and rolled my eyes as I ripped it off.

It was a picture of George at the party. Josh was laughing and George was almost crying, squeezing his own hand. There was a text included which made fun of him too.

I took a deep breath so I wouldn't burst out into anger and ripped the other pictures I saw off too, until someone tapped my back.

'What?' I shouted as I turned around.

TW homophobia (usage F-slur)

Josh was standing in front of me with a mad look in his eyes. 'Why are you ripping them off? Are you trying to defend that stupid faggot?'

'Don't use that word and this is just really mean. He has a hard time already and you humiliated him in front of everyone. I don't know why others have no heart, but this is actually not funny to me.'

'Oh sure. You're just a faggot too, aren't you?'

'I'm not,' I yelled. 'But if I was, I would yell it all around the school. I'm not afraid to be who I am, I'm not afraid of your dumb talk. Leave George alone, let him be. He can't choose his sexuality and he can't choose his seizures. Just go away and come back when you have something useful to say.'

'Pfft, you're just as gay as he is.'

I rolled my eyes. 'For as far as I'm in my life now, I never liked a boy, but as soon as I would like one, I will not hide myself. Bullying someone because of things they can't control is so dumb. Actually, shut up,' I yelled, pushing Josh away.

He tripped over his own feet and fell down on the ground.

'Learn to walk, pussy. Leave George alone or I'm going to actually hurt you.'

1069 words