18

TW's:
-Throwing up
CW's:
-Ambulance
-Seizure

George's POV

I finally found Clay's glucagon kit and opened it, reading the description shortly. Luckily I had seen a video of this on the internet and I mixed some powder with a liquid. I filled the injection that came with it and grabbed Clay's arm, injecting the liquid that was in the injection.

Clay was unconscious and I held his hand, hoping for him to wake up as fast as possible, but I held my phone in my other hand to call an ambulance.

Just as I was about to call the ambulance, Clay's body started shaking and his arms started twitching.

'Dad!' I yelled out. 'He's not okay.'

'Is he having a seizure?' my dad asked as he immediately rolled Clay more to his side and laid his coat under his head.

'I think so,' I said, nodding slowly as I typed in the numbers of the emergency number. The phone started beeping and I waited for them to pick up as I held Clay's hand tightly against my body. I knew he was unconscious, but I always liked it when someone was close to me during a seizure.

'Who are you calling for?' a man asked me.

'Ambulance,' I yelled back. I got connected with another number.

'What's the address of your emergency?'

I shouted the school's address as I looked at Clay's body shaking more and more.

'What's your emergency?'

'My friend is having a hypo. He has diabetes and his blood sugar was 2,4.'

'Is the patient conscious?'

'No, he's unconscious and he's having a seizure.'

'Does he have a glucagon kit? If yes, you immediately have to mix the-.'

'I already gave him the injection, but he's having a seizure now.'

'Okay, lay him down on his side. Do you know how to?'

'Yeah, I have epilepsy so I'm used to seizures, but he has never had one before.'

'The ambulance is on their way, stay on the phone with me. How long is his seizure going for?'

'Two minutes, I think,' I said. 'He's shaking a bit less now.'

'Okay, that's good. Is he still unconscious?'

'He is.'

'When he wakes up, he might throw up. Make sure he's on his side so he won't choke. He has such a high amount of glucose in his body that most patients throw it up again.'

'Okay,' I said as I rolled Clay a bit more to the side of the bench so he would throw up on the ground and not on himself.

Clay stopped shaking and laid down very quietly.

'He stopped shaking, but he's still unconscious,' I said to the person on the other side of the phone.

'The ambulance is coming. Can you check his blood sugar now?'

'Okay,' I said as I lifted his hand to prick his finger, checking the blood drop for his blood sugar.

'It's 2,9.'

'Okay, it's going up, but it's still way too low.'

I wanted to answer, but suddenly Clay started moving a little bit. It was ten to fifteen minutes after I injected the glucagon and it seemed like he started waking up again.

'I think he's waking up,' I said, holding his hand tightly.

'Okay, don't let him sit up. Let him lay down on his side.'

TW throwing up

Clay slowly opened his eyes. His face was really pale and he seemed really tired and drowsy. He couldn't speak and started coughing. I rolled him more to his side and he immediately threw up. I wiped his mouth and gave him a sip of water. He hitched his breath and looked at me with glassy eyes.

TW over

'He's awake,' I said. 'He threw up.'

'Okay, the ambulance is really close. Let him rest for a little. If his blood sugar doesn't rise more in five minutes, he needs to eat something with sugar. The paramedics will check.'

Clay looked at me with a very confused look on his face and he looked really sad.

'Do you remember what happened?' I asked him.

He shook his head and sobbed softly as he pulled me a bit closer to him.

'You had a really bad hypo, passed out and had a seizure. The ambulance is on its way, because your blood sugar is still way too low.'

Clay nodded slowly and hugged me to show me he needed me. I ran my hand through his hair and held his hand tightly as he sobbed softly.

'Are you alright, Clay?'

He nodded, but hugged me even tighter. 'S-stay close.'

I smiled and handed my dad the phone to hug Clay better. 'I'm here, don't be scared.'

Then we heard the sirens of the ambulance coming closer and as soon as they arrived, Clay got lifted on a stretcher. I was allowed in the ambulance after I thanked my dad for driving me and staying with me.

I sat next to Clay who got a blanket, an IV and a snack with sugar. 'George,' he muttered, grabbing my hand tightly. 'Thank you.'

'I don't know why you're thanking me,' I said, smiling at him.

'For saving me.'

'Of course, Clay. What do you think I would do? Just leave you there to die?'

'My p-parents-,' he started, sniffing loudly. 'Want me to.'

'Your parents want you to die?'

Clay nodded and had a tear rolling down his face. I hugged him tightly and smiled, having the courage to kiss his cheek. 'I'm here for you. You're not going back home, you're going to my place for as long as you need to.'

'Thank you. Did I make you sad?'

'You didn't.'

'Did I scare you?'

'I was a little bit scared when you passed out and had a seizure, but I'm really glad you're awake again.'

'Why did I have a seizure?'

'Because your blood sugar dropped to 2,4 and maybe even lower at one point. I found your glucagon kit and injected it. Why did you not have anything else with you?'

'My parents took it.'

'Why?'

'Because they wanted me to be normal. They figured out that I like boys and they hated me because of my diabetes so they took all my stuff.'

'Luckily they didn't take the glucagon kit, because everything could have ended way differently if they did.'

Clay nodded and hugged me again. 'I like being close to you.'

1063 words