14

TW's:
-None
CW's:
-Seizure

Clay's POV

It was right after lunch and George and I went to the cinema. George's mother brought us there and I looked on their website to see what I could order and how much insulin I needed for that. I ended up making an exception for today and decided to get myself popcorn and extra insulin. As long as I got the right amount of insulin, it wouldn't be bad.

I entered the cinema after we arrived there. I had thanked George's mother for driving us and looked at George, grabbing his hand. 'I'm going to ask someone if they know how many carbs there's in popcorn.'

'Okay,' George said as I walked to someone working here.

I smiled at the person I walked up to. 'Hi, I have a question.'

George stood next to me and the woman in front of me smiled. 'What's up?'

'I have diabetes and I was wondering if you know how many carbs there are in the popcorn here. I have to know how much insulin I need.'

'Let me look for you.' She walked off and I waited with George for her to come back again. She came back a few minutes later. '30 grams.'

I nodded. 'So two units,' I said to George. 'Thank you for checking!'

I went to the bathroom to inject my insulin and George and I went to the room we had to be for the movie once it started. We sat down next to each other and I smiled at George.

'Are you excited?'

'I am,' George said with a smile, but he seemed very tired.

I decided to leave it for now since I didn't want to annoy him with constant questions about how he was feeling. George clicked on a button so someone would come to our seats for food and George ordered some food as the movie began. I paid for it, causing George to blush slightly.

When the movie was midway, I saw George staring in front of him as he blinked with his eyes. He didn't say anything, but just stared in front of him. I frowned and grabbed his hand, but he didn't respond to it.

I shook his hand, but he didn't move at all, making me realise I was too late. Was he was going to get a seizure? It always started with him staring at nothing without responding to me.

'George, are you okay?'

He shook his head slowly, but didn't seem to be aware of what I was saying. I grabbed his drink and put it down on the ground so he wouldn't kick it accidentally.

'Can you stand up or not?' I asked to make sure I couldn't get him out of here during his seizure.

He shook his head again and I put the armrest down, pulling him closer to me. 'Okay, I'm with you. Try to breathe slowly, do you feel my breathing rhythm?' I whispered in his ear.

He didn't respond and started to shake. His arm started to twitch again as his mouth started making movements. I didn't have anything to clean his mouth with so I just held him tightly against my chest. I really didn't care about his saliva on my shirt now, I only cared about George being okay.

He was shaking really badly and gasping for air. I couldn't lay him down on his side, but held the side of his face against my chest so he wouldn't choke on his saliva.

'Calm down, George. I'm with you, keep breathing. Slowly and steady, you can do it.'

The seizure lasted three minutes and he finally stopped shaking. He was just staring a bit and I held his hand and ran through his hair.

'Are you ready to stand up? Then we are going to the bathroom for a short time.'

George nodded slowly and I lifted him up, very slowly walking to the bathroom. We sat down on the floor in the bathroom and I wiped his face with some toilet paper.

'Are you okay, George?' I asked as I pulled him closer.

He nodded slowly as he mumbled a bit and looked at me. 'Sorry for your shirt,' he mumbled.

I smiled. 'Don't worry about it, George. You're way more important than that shirt.'

'But g-gross.'

'No, I don't find it gross.' I ran my hand through his hair and looked up as someone walked inside of the bathroom.

'Hi, I wanted to check if you're okay. I saw them have a seizure and I wanted to make sure it's okay now.'

'He's okay again, thanks for checking.' I appreciated the gender neutral pronouns even though we just used he/him.

'I'm Sapnap.'

'Hi, nice to meet you,' I said as I looked at George. He smiled too.

'I'm Clay and this is George,' I said.

'Are they okay for sure?' Sapnap asked.

George nodded. 'I'm okay and you can use he/him,' he said with a smile. 'I have epilepsy so I have seizures a lot.'

'Do you also use he/him?' Sapnap asked me.

I nodded. 'You?'

Sapnap shrugged. 'I like they/them.'

'That's fine, we support you,' I said. 'I'm part of the LGBTQ+.'

'Really?'

'Yeah, I'm bisexual.'

'I'm gay,' George muttered.

'Oh, that's cool! Are you together?'

'Uh- no,' I giggled.

Sapnap smiled and they looked at the door. 'I'll go back now. I hope you're both okay.'

'We are.'

'Actually, I can give you my number? I never had many friends at school and you seem nice.'

'Of course,' I said. 'I hope you're okay too.'

Sapnap nodded slowly. 'Being non-binary just sucks at schools.'

'Tell me about it,' George said. 'I get bullied for being gay and for having epilepsy. Those guys suck. We accept you though, be free to text me.'

Sapnap gave us their number and both George and I added it to our phones. They walked away and I smiled at George. 'Are you feeling okay?'

He nodded slowly. 'It's all a bit too much.'

'Can you tell me what is too much?'

'All the bullying, the stress with school, what happened with Josh. It's exhausting me.'

'You're going to tell the school you're sick Monday. I want you to stay at home and calm down.'

George nodded and didn't argue. 'Sorry for ruining your day.'

'You didn't ruin my day at all,' I said. 'I just want you to be okay.'

'I am,' George said with a smile. 'Just tired.'

1086 words