3

TW's:
-None
CW's:
-Seizure

George's POV

I locked myself in a bathroom stall and started feeling really odd. If I wouldn't have had seizures all the time, I would be really confused about how I was feeling now, but I knew a seizure was coming up.

I always felt some parts of my body tingling, along with confusion. It felt like I wasn't myself anymore before I got a seizure, it felt like I was gone from the reality and lived somewhere else.

I noticed my eyes moving from left to right and my muscles started tightening, causing me to make jerking movements with my arm and leg. I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore and my whole face started twitching, just as my body did.

I fell down on the ground and hitched my breath, I wasn't fully aware of what was happening, but at the same time I was conscious so I could feel my whole body shake.

I rolled myself to my side, because I always drooled a lot and tended to choke on my own saliva when I laid down on my back. I was making soft sounds which were meant to be screams for help, but I couldn't talk because the seizure was numbing my whole body.

After a short time, my muscles stopped tightening and I stopped shaking very badly. I was panting loudly and felt completely exhausted.

I knew I was supposed to call my mother, but I was too confused and numb to grab my phone out of my pocket. It seemed like I forgot how to function and I just stared at the ceiling in silence.

A little later, I heard the door open to the bathroom and noticed that my feet were sticking out under the stall door. People must think I was dead, laying here like this.

'George?' I heard a voice I recognised, but couldn't combine to a person. 'Can you open the stall for me?'

I just nodded to myself and opened the stall, having Clay walk in. He knelt down next to me and grabbed my hand to lift me up. 'Are you alright? Did you have a seizure?'

I nodded slowly and Clay grabbed some toilet paper to wipe my mouth and suit with. 'Do you want me to call someone?'

I nodded again, still not being able to talk.

'Who can I call? Wait, I'm sorry, you can't speak now. Do I call your mother?'

I gave him a small nod again and he grabbed my phone, looking up her number. 'Is this the right number?' he asked as he showed it to me.

I nodded since that was the only thing I could do at this point and Clay clicked on the number to call.

'You're speaking with Clay. I don't think you know me, but I'm a guy in George's class. He had a seizure, I'm not sure what to do.'

I vaguely heard my mother ask about my symptoms and stared at Clay.

'He seems very confused and he's not talking. His face was also covered with drool, I don't know if that's normal.'

My mother told him what to do and Clay laid my phone down, lifting me up from under my armpits. He lifted me to the washing tables and let me sit down on the ground. 'Should I give him some water?' Clay asked. He waited for my mother's answer and handed me a water bottle.

I was too shaky, so he held the bottle in front of my mouth so I could sip some of the water in it.

'Thank you,' I mumbled. I was exhausted and only wanted to sleep.

Clay hung up and gave me my phone, lifting me up. 'We are going outside, okay?'

I nodded slowly and Clay helped me walk to the exit very slowly. Luckily we didn't have to pass any of the other students and I could leave straight away.

When we were outside, Clay leaned back against a wall and let me sit down next to him.

'Are you okay?' he asked.

I nodded slowly. 'Sore.'

'Are your muscles sore? I don't know much about seizures if I'm honest, but I looked something up about it when you told the class you had epilepsy. Sorry for not coming in earlier, I thought you were just on the toilet.'

'It's fine,' I muttered, taking a deep breath.

I was wondering if he was actually really sweet or if he was acting as well. I didn't trust anyone anymore after what just happened at the party, Clay could just be sent to break my heart again.

I didn't say much anymore and Clay didn't either. He was just staring a bit as he sat next to me and looked at my suit again.

'Who told you to wear a suit?'

'Josh,' I mumbled, looking away from him because of embarrassment.

Clay rolled his eyes. 'He's a dick. I like your suit, though.'

I smiled, but didn't answer him. If he was joking with me and I got along with it again, I would only embarrass myself more than I had already done.

I waited for my mother's car to arrive and Clay helped me up.

'See you at school?' he said with a questioning tone in his voice.

I shrugged. 'Maybe, bye.'

'Bye,' Clay said as he turned around to walk back inside.

I sat next to my mother in the car and she didn't start driving immediately. 'What happened, honey?'

I shrugged. I was really close with my parents, but I didn't have the courage so far to tell them that I was gay and got bullied at school. I smiled softly and shrugged again. 'Too many bright lights.'

'Are you tired?'

I nodded. 'I'm really exhausted, I'm going to sleep as soon as I get home.'

'Okay, luckily it's Friday so you can sleep as long as you need to.'

I nodded slowly, sitting back as I tried to fight against my tears. I was so happy when I went here, but I was so hurt by what happened that I only wanted to be back at home. I hoped this was just one joke, but I was sure this was going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

1048 words