13

TW's:
-Mentions emotional abuse
CW's:
-Seizure

Clay's POV

George and I were playing a game, but George started playing slower and slower. He constantly fell and it worried me, so I paused the game.

'George, are you okay?'

George didn't answer me which made me think he was going to get a seizure again.

'Were the lights too bright? Or are you really stressed?'

George nodded to both of them and I lifted him up, carrying him to his bed. I grabbed his pillow and laid it down under his head after rolling him to his side, checking the time on my phone to make sure I would call an ambulance if it lasted too long.

George laid in silence on his bed, staring in front of him as he softly mumbled. He grabbed my hand and had a very scared look in his eyes.

'Calm down, George. I'm here, I'm going to take care of you, okay?'

George didn't answer me and the muscles in his mouth started tightening, causing his mouth to start moving as his eyes moved from left to right very quickly. His body started shaking as his arms and legs twitched a lot.

I ran my hand through his hair and looked around me to find something to wipe his mouth with. I found a napkin on his nightstand and wiped his mouth as he started breathing faster. He sounded very scared which was hurting my heart.

'Calm down, don't be scared. I'm with you,' I said as I held his hands. He started squeezing my hand really tightly and grabbed my wrist with his other hand. I let him squeeze my arm and wiped his mouth again, rubbing his back after.

It took him two minutes to stop shaking as much as he did before and he laid down in silence, looking in front of him without actually seeing anything. I wiped his mouth and pulled him closer to me, kissing his forehead with all the courage I had within me.

George was mumbling softly. I couldn't make out his words, but I just left him for a little whilst running my hand through his hair. He looked up after five minutes and smiled.

'Are you feeling okay, George?' I asked, holding him tightly against my body.

George nodded slowly. 'Very tired.'

'Do you know what caused the seizure?'

'Lights and stress.'

'Okay, we aren't going to play anymore. We are just going to lay down for a little.'

George nodded and closed his eyes as he rested his head on my chest.

'You can go to sleep, George.'

George nodded slowly and fell asleep within a few minutes.

I spent the evening with George again. His mother made a recipe with chicken and vegetables which I could eat and as soon as I was at home, I went to my room without even looking at my parents.

The next morning, I stood up early to go to George. I quickly checked my blood sugar, injected insulin and made myself breakfast before my parents were up. George's mother bought some low carb cereals for me since George told her I ran out.

Once I finished my breakfast, I left to go to George. I hadn't spoken to my parents since the last fight we had and I was really glad about that. They only caused me misery in my life.

I arrived at George's place and rang the bell, having his dad open the door. 'Hi Clay! George told me you were going to the cinema.'

'Yeah,' I said with a smile. 'Sorry for being so early, I just like being here more than at home.'

George's dad let me go in and pointed at the couch. 'You can talk about it if you like.'

I shrugged. 'I'd just rather move out as soon as possible. I'm happy when I'm gone from there.'

'What do they do to you?'

I sighed. 'They think I seek attention with my diabetes and they don't help me. Sometimes they purposely buy something full of carbs and- it's fine actually, they are just dumb.'

George's dad nodded. 'Do they hurt you?'

I shrugged. 'Nah, sometimes. It's fine, I'm just happy to be here.'

George's dad nodded and sat next to me on the couch. 'George is still sleeping, he was really tired.'

'Yeah, he had a seizure yesterday. I helped him.'

'Yeah, he has a lot of them lately. Is something wrong at school?

I realised his parents didn't know George was gay and shrugged. 'Not that I know of.'

'Okay,' his dad mumbled as he stood up again. 'Did you have breakfast?'

'I did,' I said with a smile. 'Do you think I can go to George?'

'Sure, but he's asleep.'

'I'll be quiet,' I said.

I walked to the door and quietly went up the stairs, walking into George's room. I just laid down next to him and hugged him, seeing that he was half awake and half asleep.

'Clay,' he muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist. 'Hello.'

'Hi,' I said with a smile.

'Tired.'

'Close your eyes,' I said, running my hand through his hair.

He was so tired that he immediately fell back asleep and I smiled. I found him incredibly cute like this and leaned in to kiss his cheek softly.

George slept for another twenty minutes and woke up. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, smiling at me with cute pink cheeks.

'Hi, you're here.'

'I am,' I said with a smile. 'I went away from home early so I could be with you.'

'Sorry for sleeping.'

'Don't say sorry. It's good to get some sleep when you're this tired. How are you feeling?'

George shrugged. 'I'm a bit sad, but I'm okay.'

'Why are you sad?' I asked, hugging him tightly.

'I had a dream about what happened at the party. I just feel so dumb and embarrassed.'

'They are the ones who are dumb. You did something that barely any people would be capable of. I admire your courage.'

'I don't have that courage at all anymore. I would never dare to ask a boy anymore.'

'Maybe the boy will understand that and ask you himself,' I said, smiling at him.

'What would you do?'

'I would ask you.'

Both our faces heated up and I stood up. Was he hinting at something?

1058 words