11

TW's:
-Bullying (one sentence ngl)
-Kinda abuse (good abuse.)
CW's:
-Anger issues

George's POV

It was a day after Clay's and my kiss and I went to school with a smile on my face. I worked on the project when Clay left and was excited to show him what I got.

I got brought to school and ran inside, seeking Clay. It took me a few minutes to find him, but I sat next to him, grabbing my laptop. 'Clay, look. I have done a lot of things for the project at home.'

Clay was a little bit pale, but smiled. 'Show me.'

'Wait, are you alright?'

Clay nodded slowly. 'Low blood sugar.'

'Didn't you have breakfast?'

He shook his head. 'I ran out of cereal and my mum didn't buy me new ones yesterday so I have to go to the store to get some new ones.'

'Did you already inject your insulin?'

'Yeah, it's fine. I'm okay. I'm just a bit irritated and tired.'

'I will stop talking about the project, I'm sorry. You're more important than that project.'

'No, please talk about it. I want to be distracted, but I might zone out.'

'Do you need to take some glucose tablets?'

'I took them a minute ago, but it will take ten to fifteen minutes for them to work. I'll drink something with sugar.'

I nodded and Clay grabbed a drink.

'Was it way too low?'

'Yeah, it was 2,9,' Clay muttered. 'Sorry, I'm not in the mood to talk about it. I get really frustrated when I feel like this.'

'I understand, we can talk about the project.'

'Yeah,' Clay said quietly.

I showed him what I had done and he smiled. 'That looks good.'

I smiled at him and wanted to say something as I felt hands on my shoulders. 'Hey, George. We brought Josh for you, you liked him so much, didn't you? Come tell him again.'

I sighed softly and just looked at my hands as Clay stood up. 'I'm really not at my best and if you don't leave him the hell alone, I'll beat the shit out of you without hesitation.'

'Defending your lover again?'

I looked at Clay and he pushed the guy backwards, causing him to fall down. He looked at the other two boys and suddenly hit Josh in his face.

'You're such a stupid idiot, I despise you. I have never hated anyone more than I hate you. You have the guts to humiliate George, but you don't have the guts to say anything yourself. You always need your "friends" here to swear at George.'

Clay was screaming at this point and pushed Josh against the wall, hitting him in his face again. 'GO TO HELL.'

'Dude, did you forget to take some of your medicine? You're just a diabetic idiot.'

Clay lifted his knee, hitting Josh really hard in the stomach. 'I hate you, if you don't leave right now, I'll kick you until you're bleeding and begging for forgiveness.'

Josh and his friends quickly walked away and Clay sat back down, shaking because of anger. He suddenly punched the table and laid his head down on it, breathing fast.

'Are you okay?'

Clay didn't reply and started taking deep breaths. I left him for a little and after five minutes he looked up again.

'I'm sorry, I was trying to remain calm. I'm feeling a bit better now. I have to prick to see my blood sugar.'

'Do you need help?'

Clay shrugged. 'It's fine,' he said as he started preparing it. He pricked in his fingers once it was done. I just left him again and he smiled after a while. 'It's 4,3 now. I feel better too. I'm sorry for being so irritated, I-.'

'Don't apologise, you can't choose it.'

'Josh deserved it though. I was having a tantrum and tried to calm myself. I'm sorry.'

'I don't want you to say sorry, I fully get it and it's fine. You didn't do anything mean to me either, you just stood up for me.'

'I don't want them to bully you, I care a lot about you. I like hanging out.'

'Do you not secretly find me stupid because of what happened? I'm sorry, I just find it a bit difficult to trust people fully after what happened with Josh.'

Clay grabbed my hand and smiled. 'I get that it's hard to trust me, but I promise you that you can. I wouldn't beat Josh up if I was actually the same as him. Josh is just an homophobic ableist and I hate him.'

'Thank you, that helps.'

Clay smiled with red cheeks and sat back as he zoned out. I looked at him with a smile on my face, he was so beautiful. I really liked the kiss we shared, maybe it wasn't out of love from his side. Maybe it was only meant to be a test and nothing more, but it meant more to me.

I didn't expect it to mean anything to me, but my stomach said differently.

I suddenly got startled by Clay's sweet giggle. I looked at him and he smiled. 'You're staring at me.'

'I'm so sorry,' I muttered. 'I didn't mean to.'

'I was kind of staring too,' Clay grinned. 'I just didn't get caught.'

We both smiled and Clay grabbed my hand. 'Do you want to hang out after school? We can work on the project, but we can also just hang out.'

'I would love to,' I said with a big smile. 'Do you want to go to your place?'

'I'd rather not,' Clay said with an awkward look in his eyes. He stared at his hands. 'You know, my parents aren't great.'

'That's totally fine, you can come to my place. My parents told me they really liked you coming over so I'm sure they would want to see you again.'

'Were they annoyed with me? I'm sorry for all my wishes with dinner.'

'Clay, you have diabetes. You're not being annoying, you need to check it so you won't be in danger.'

'But I never saw your mum before and immediately gave her a list with food. I just feel like a dick.'

'She was glad that you gave her a list so she wouldn't prepare something you couldn't eat.'

Clay took a deep breath. 'Okay, that's relieving to know.'

1057 words