Chapter 18 : " camp of love "

"Is your headache getting better? ," asked Wendy.

" huh?! Ohh yeahh..yeah..I'm fine now," replied Sowon.

" Where are you last night? Why are going to bed so early? ," asked Yerin.

" She had a headache," explained Wendy.

" What are we going to do this morning? ," asked Sowon trying to change the topic.

" Nado molla~ ice breaking session maybe? " replied Yerin.

" Okayy guys let's gather up now, we're going to start with this morning's activity," ordered the instructor.

All of the participants sat in a line. They listened to the order from the instructor carefully.

"may I sit here? ," asked Wendy.

" Yes, you may," replied Sowon.

When Wendy was about to sit next to Sowon, Kris suddenly came in.

" Yaahh! That's my place ," grumbled Wendy.

" Jinjja? *looking around* There's no proof saying that this place is yours," said Kris while sticking his tongue out.

" hmmmphh..you're so freaking annoying," mad Wendy while sitting next to Kris.

" Listen carefully. We're going to do the next activity in a pair, please sit facing to the people next to you," explained the instructor.

" Wait! Wait! Hajima! Don't say that I have to do it with her," said Kris while looking at Wendy.

" What? Don't look at me like that, it makes me look terrible," said Wendy.

" If you guys paired up together, then who am I going to be with? ," asked Sowon.

Suddenly she felt like her arm was grabbed by someone.

"let's do it ," said Kai.

" Please sit facing to your partner and place your hands and your forehead at their's ," ordered the instructor.

Sowon looks at Kai's face. Her heart are pounding faster.

Kai quickly take Sowon's hands and put it in his. He moves his face closer to Sowon until their forehead meet each other.

" please introduce about yourself and share about your problems to each other during this session ," added the instructor.

" Why you're looking so shaking? It's not like we haven't done this before," said Kai.

Sowon was frozed. " What he is trying to say? Is he trying to take a revenge on me?! " thought Sowon.

" Don't worry. I'm not mad at you at all," said Kris likes he can read Sowon's mind.

" Okayy you guys may go out for lunch. However, please gather up at the field by 3," ordered the instructor.

" So how are you and Kris? Is it okay? ," asked Sowon while eating her lunch.

" okay? Eventhough we have been in the same company for a year, he didn't even remember my full name ," complained Wendy.

" lol yeah he is usually like that, but when he cares about someone, he will protect her with all of his heart ," said Sowon.

" only if it is me.." thought Wendy.

" Guys hurry up. The instructor are calling for us to gather now ," called SinB.

" But it's only 2:15 ," said Wendy while looking at her watch.

" They said that they want to do the activity earlier ," added SinB.

" Arasso, we'll be there in 5 minutes ," said Sowon.

" FREETT! "

The instructor blew up a whistle as a sign for all of the participants to gather up.

" Today, we're going to do an explorace. Please sit with your partner, the team who finished the challenge in the shortest time, will be the winner ," said the instructor.

" What is the prize for the winner? ," asked Wendy while raising up her hand.

" They will bring home a trophy and a cheque amount 350 000 won ," said the instructor.

"The prize is quite worthy ," said Kwangmin who is sitting in front of Kris.

" Each team will be given a map, and a compass, get a flag from each checkpoint and completed the task given, the group that finished it first, will be the winner ," said the instructor.

" Please play it clean, never sabotage the other people's group. Anyone who did it, will be disqualified ," added the teacher who stand next to the instructor.

"So the game will start, NOW! " ordered the instructor.

All of the teams are going to the location decided for them.

One,two,three checkpoint had been completed by Sowon and Kai. For the seventh task, they suddenly realise that they were in the middle of the jungle.

" Where are we now? " asked Sowon scared.

" The next checkpoint should be here ," said Kai.

" It's nearly dark now, what should we do? " asked Sowon worry.

Kai didn't answered her question. He kept on looking at the map.

" I thought you're good in this," grumbled Sowon.

" I'm good in games, but NOT in reading a compass ," replied Kai.

" So what should we do now? ," asked Sowon.

" I have a tent in my bag. I always bring it whenever I go for a camp just in case if something happens, LIKE NOW ," said Kai.

" No way! I won't stay and sleep in the same tent with you ," said Sowon.

" Suit to yourself, you can sleep at the outside if you want ," replied Kai while setting up his stuff to build up a tent.

Sowon looks up at the sky. The day was getting darker. The night was about to come.

" yahhh~ finally it's ready ," said Kai while looking at the tent proudly.

" Are you sure that it is safe? " asked Sowon.

" Don't worry, you're sleeping outside ," teased Kai.

" I..I changed my mind. I want to sleep in the tent ," said Sowon shy.

" Okayy if you're not minded to hear my terrible snore ," smirked Kai.

Sowon can't sleep on that night. Since she was little, she is afraid of dark. She is shivering hardly.

" mmmm..Kai? "

" Ne..? "

" Can you lend me your hand? " asked Sowon.

Without saying anything. Kai put his hand closer to Sowon.

Sowon holds his hand tightly. Her face turned pale.

" Gwaenchanh-a? " asked Kai.

No word comes out from her mouth. She is breathing hardly.

" Calm down, you will be sick if you are being like this ," said Kai worry.

Sowon's face was turning more pale.

Kai closed his body towards Sowon. He hugged her to calm her down. He kissed her at her forehead.

" Calm down, I will always there by your side," whispered Kai at Sowon's ear.

Later, Sowon was looking more better. She fell asleep at Kai's chest.

( author's note )

How is the story? How can you rank it? Eventhough I am a newbie here, I am so glad that there is someone who are willing to read my stories. Thank you so much :)