Chapter 5 : "it doesn't always end with a happy ending"

" stop seeing him from now on," said father firm.

"But why? waeyo? Wae? He is my friend, I love to be with him," said Sowon wondering.

" Yes, but I am not. I won't accepted if you're having any relationship with the heirs of that brat that once humiliated our family," said father in anger.

" I..I don't  understand," said Sowon stuttered.

" did you remember? Before I owns my own fashion brand, I worked as a car model designer. I still remember his face, his name, until now, Kim Seyeong. The guy who told me that i am useless, who tore up my works, who kicked me out like a dog, I will NEVER EVER forgive him," said father as he remembered the black incident again.

Sowon climb up the stairs and went into her room. She closed the door hardly and jumped into her bed. She can't control  the tears anymore. She began to cry hardly. For the first time in her life, she receives a confession from a guy. For the first time of her life, she hugged a guy other than her father. And that guy was, Kim JongIn, the heirs of her father's enemy.

On that night, Sowon asked her maid to accompany her for shopping. She went there to look for a shirt for Kai. As she walked pass through the boutiques, the stalls and shops, she found a Prada red checkered shirt exactly matching with the dress given by Kai. She decided to give to Kai as a present.

"Ahjumma~ is it looks good?" asked Sowon. She didn't look likes she always do. Sowon is a cheerful and funny girl. But tonight, she looks a little bit gloomy.

"ne~ it's pretty but it is for who?," asked the maid.

" my friend. His birthday is coming soon, so I thought I'm should've get him some presents," replied Sowon bitterly.

She didn't mean to be rude towards her maid. Plus, she is the one who raised her up as her father always busy with his work. But her hearts hurt so much until she can't put any effort to her smile anymore.

*the next morning*

"hello nae jagiya~ how are you today? ," greeted Kai.

" ohhh? Hello. I'm sorry, I didn't realized that you were there. When did you come? ," said Sowon while faking a smile.

"Are you okay? you looks sick," asked Kai.

" I'm okayy. Actually I have a suprised for you," said Sowon while raising up her eyebrows.

"Wow~ i'm curious," said Kai jokingly.

Sowon took out a box out from her bag.

" this is for you," said Sowon while handling the box towards Kai.

Kai opened the box. He was so touched to see the shirt.

" you know? It wasn't great if only one person wears the shirt, it will only looks great of both of us wear the shirts that night," said Sowon. Suddenly, she burst into tears. She can't keep the pain anymore. It was too hurt. The gift may be the last gift from her to Kai. Perhaps, this is the last time they meet. Only time can change everything.

"why are you crying?," asked Kai while using his thumb to wipe the tears off from Sowon's cheeks.

"I..I'm just happy that you like the present," lied Sowon. She didn't bear to tell Kai the truth.

"what's wrong? You can always lean on me when you had a problems," Kai hugged Sowon to calm her.

*at Sowon's house*

" I heard that you meet with that guy again," said her father as she arrived home.

" what did you expect from me? Leaving him just like that? No way. He's my friend," said Sowon.

" A FRIEND?! or more than just a friend? You loves him, right?," suddenly father raised up his voice.

"yes, he is my namja chingu. He is my boyfriend. I love him," said Sowon firm.

Suddenly father lost his control. He raised up his hand and slapped Sowon on her face. For 20 years, this is the first time he slapped her.

" I hate you. I hate you," cursed Sowon as she cannot controlled her emotions anymore. She quickly grabbed her father's car key and ran out.

( Kai POV )

" so she always keep an intention for getting me a present, ㅋㅋ ." said Kai while dancing happily with the present given by Sowon.
"ouchh!," he accidentally bumped into a street light poles.

Suddenly, he saw a car driven so fast comes out from Sowon's house.

He quickly ran towards Sowon's house leaving the present behind. He saw Sowon's father was kneeling while crying hardly.

"What happened?!," asked Kai worry.

"Sowon..please save her. She don't know how to drive," pleaded Sowon's father.

"WHATSS??!"

He quickly ran chased after the car. His mind went blank. He's worried if anything happened to her.

"Noo..Noo! Sowon stop! Don't do this thing! DON'T LEAVE ME! ," shouted Kai.

*in the car*

" I don't want to live anymore. I don't have anyone to lean. Even dad are bad to me now. Mom, I miss you, I fail to be a strong Sowon like you always dream for, I'm sorry, I'm sorry ," cried Sowon. Her mind was only about getting back with her mom.

*HONNNNN!*

Hearded the sound of car steering was handled in chaos. Sowon didn't know how to run from all the cars on the road. She can't controlled the car anymore.

Blurr. The vision are too blurr. It looks like there is no hope left for her. Maybe, to get back with her mother is the best way.

* BANGGGG!*

The car she drove dented after crashing a lorry which causing it to spin and crashed the road divider.

"SOWONN! "

screamed Kai who saw the accident in front of his eyes.

Sowon was seriously injured. She was taken to the hospital.

*at the hospital*

Kai is becoming like a dumb. He always pensive while waiting for the doctors to come out. His hands are always shaking like he was too scared of losing something or someone.

" I think it's better for you to go home. You have been waiting here for such a long time, just come back tomorrow," suggested Sowon's father to Kai.

"but I have to wait until she regains her conciousness," said Kai.

" and when? What is she never do so? plus, you really need some rest, so that tomorrow you can take my shift to take care of her," persuaded Sowon's father.

" mmmm.. If that's so. I will come back tomorrow," abide Kai.

After taking a shower, Kai puts on his pyjamas and ready to sleep. Suddenly, he heard his phone ringing.

" Baby Don’t Cry tonight
Eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby Don’t Cry tonight
Eobseotdeon iri dwel geoya
Mulgeopumi dweneun geoseun niga aniya
Geutnae mollaya haetdeon
Baby Don’t Cry
Cry
Nae sarangi neol jikil teni~♬♪♩"

"yeoboseyo?"

"Kai, this is uncle. I just want to informed you that Sowon just passed away. I don't know how to explain this,but SHE WAS GONE, I've lost my only daughter," a hoarse voice of Sowon's father hearded as he was crying hardly.

Suddenly, the phone loose from his grip and falls into the floor. His mind was totally blank. A tears are coming out from his eyes. He feels something empty. LONELY.

"NOOOOOO!!," Cried Kai when he get the news. She is the one who saved his life before. The one who always become his spirit. He blamed himself for failed in saving her. For saving the girl that he loves the most, Kim So Jung.

( author's note )

So how is the story? How can you rank this story? Is it great, middle or worst? Tell me your opinion by dropping a comments (━▽━)/