I marinated on Joie's advice, nibbling on my lip. "Right... I just want everybody to get what they want."

               "Can't please everybody."

               "You got that right." I said, breathing out. "I'm gonna head out and let you get ready for this meet up of yours. Just tell me it's not with—"

               She realized who I was about to mention and cut me off. "Kut? No. Absolutely not. This is an old friend."

               "An old friend?" I repeated and narrowed my eyes, "Mmhm. Be safe. I love you."

               "Love you, too, Care."

              I got home and was there alone since my mother has barely been home lately, the kids were with their father, until he brings them home, and Claudia was out, I assume, handling business pertaining to getting her life together.

               I took that peaceful and quiet time alone to soak in a bath. By the time I got out and searched for something to eat on in the pantry, the kitchen entrance door opened and Claudia came in.

               "So, I found an apartment." Dia announced as soon as she entered.

               I came out the pantry with a smile. "That's great. Where at?"

               "In the Hollows."

               My smile dropped. "Those drug-infested apartments? No. There's no way someone will approve of you getting supervised visits there."

               "Well, I mean, it's the only thing I can afford on a minimum wage salary."

               "I get it—"

               "Do you really, though, Caren? You married a basketball star that now owns half a NBA team and your kids set for life. You might've grew up in the South, but you grew up in a two-parent household with a crib that y'all own. Let's be real, you and Kae never had to struggle. Shit was handed to y'all."

               "True, and I'm not gonna apologize for the life I had. But just because you had it hard doesn't mean you can't achieve more in life, so let's drop that mentality. FedEx I heard is hiring for a lot more."

               Dia made a face. "You want me to lift boxes?"

               "For sixteen, seventeen dollars you fucking better."

               The amount made her perk up. "Hmm, I guess I can lift a few boxes."

               I chuckled at her sudden change of heart. "Yeah, so apply online."

               "Will do."

               "Have you heard anything else about Margo?" I wondered.