32 | a new addition to the group

Start from the beginning

"So that's the plan if we were to get a ton of cash? That's the dream? Surf trip?" Kie questions.

"Hell yeah." JJ replies, nodding. "Ripping jungle break all day long. Bamboo hut, cooking a fish on a fire, and after that, you go back out and just hit the waves again."

A smile splits tugs at the corners of Delilah's lips as she silently listens to the blond ramble on about the dream he hopes to live once the chaos is over. Green eyes travel down to the silver rings wrapped around JJ's fingers for a moment, her own fingers reaching out to fiddle with the jewellery. Then, the girl looks up to meet his beautiful blue eyes where she notices that they're already settled upon her.

"That's the dream." JJ concludes.

"Sounds perfect." Delilah tells him. "Think you got room for one more?"

JJ lightly laughs. "Did you think I was gonna leave without you? It wouldn't be a dream if you weren't there to experience it with me, angel. And I know it's a dream of yours too."

"I love you." Delilah whispers.

"I love you too." JJ whispers back.

The boy leans his head down and connects their lips for a brief moment, the kiss soft and tender. Kie just watches from nearby as they communicate with one another. A smile has settled upon the brunettes face at the sight of her two best friends appearing to be so in love — they always have been and will never stop. Heart warms as Kiara listens to the couple agree to experience these dreams together. The girls thankful that they've managed to find happiness through all of the terrible things they've personally been through with their own families.

"You guys got passports for that?" Kie asks.

"Hell no." Delilah replies.

"That's the Kookiest thing ever." JJ states.

All of a sudden, a thud from outside of the container is heard and causes the three to quickly fall silent as their heads snap towards it. This is then followed by the sound of Pope's voice quietly filling the air, just to inform the three that it's only their friends. Kie is quick to rise up to her feet with the couple following closely behind, heading over to the vent. She pulls it off and allows the hole to be opened so that they're able to climb back inside.

However, after John B and Pope clambered inside, another individual follows shortly behind them both. The person is a female that looks to be in her teenage years as well, brown eyes widening at the mere sight of three other people already inside of the container. A loose sweater has enveloped her body and a couple of ash smudges rest upon it, which just indicates that she's been near some flames recently. Also, a cap sits on top of her head and holds her brown hair down to avoid it falling in front of her eyes and getting in the way of her work.

"Jesus Christ! I kill you, John B." The girl threatens.

"Who is this?" Kie asks as she whispers to the two boys. "Who is she? What's going on?"

"No, no, stop. Kie! Just relax." John B instructs.

"Uh... Hi there!" The redhead greets with a friendly smile. "My name is Delilah."

"Cleo." The girl replies.

"Cleo?" Delilah repeats as she snaps her gaze over to the brunet boy. "Is this the girl that saved you guys in the Bahamas?"

John B nods. "Yeah, that's her."

"No way." Pope mumbles in disbelief.

"Look, she's gonna help us, okay?" John B informs.

"Next time, ask me." Cleo demands.

"Wait, wait." JJ says, noticing something missing from his two friends. "You guys seriously didn't grab anything? Not one single gun?"