Chapter Five

Hello Everyone!!

I'm throwing this out there now so there are no rude people in the comments because I've had this problem in the past: ANA IS BISEXUAL. So, yes, she is attracted to both males and females.

Also, there is a French character -Corinne- who speaks with a heavy French accent BUT I am writing her dialogue normally for example ("she is stupid" and not "she eez stupeed") because frankly it annoys me and I find it disrespectful to people who's first language is not English.

*So please just imagine her with a heavy French accent.* Thank you for understanding!

Enjoy.

|| ✨ ||

My dirty bare feet slapped across the spotless empty marble foyer leading into my home. The first thing eyes were drawn to whenever someone entered our home was the double staircase that swept upwards towards the second floor where the bedrooms were located.

The marble tile brightened up the home, matching the off-white staircase and contrasting the black railings. A crystal chandelier hung over my head and in between the staircases on the ground floor sat a grey circular pattern of tile that, when standing directly in the center and looked up, saw a skylight of the same shape in the ceiling.

From the doorway looking straight ahead was a wall of glass windows showcasing the large patio and swimming pool outside that were barely used unless we had company over.

Few pieces of furniture were placed throughout the grand room at the demand of my mother so the room didn't look cluttered.

The memories of running through here as a child playing all sorts of reckless games with my brothers until our father would find us and punish us for being stupid.

I strolled past the large mirror hanging on the wall and paused. My hair had seen better days. The humidity outdoors and the fear for my life have caused my hair to frizz up like a feral beast. Thankfully, my makeup was still intact though. A small win.

Looking at myself in the mirror, no longer shocked as to why the doctor confused me with just a regular person, I certainly didn't look like someone that ran the place.

I required another shower. In reality, I should have stopped at my office to see if my father left anything for me but decided my bedroom was far more important. When building this home, my mother insisted that the bedrooms were to be as far away from any official business space as they could be and so all rooms were located upstairs in the right-wing of the house and the office spaces were downstairs down the hall in the left-wing.

My feet finally registered the cool marble underneath me as I walked up the steps, taking my time to glance around trying to spot as least one life form in this place. They're probably still helping in the infirmary.

The solid thump of music vibrated the floor when I stopped at the top of the stairs. A visible cringe shuddered through my body when I noted which bedroom the sound came from. Amari.

Unwilling to throw myself into the mess that is my younger sister, I quickly shuffled past her room, knowing the music muffled any sound I could ever make. My bedroom sat in its own little corner at the end of the hallway.

The thought of a hot shower excited me and I started unzipping my dress while opening my bedroom door and entering my room.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" I yelled out, placing a hand on my chest as I stared at the half-naked woman lying on my bed.

She wore only underwear, very expensive underwear from the looks of it with all that lace. Her auburn hair fell over one shoulder and she lounged on my bedspread like she would on a yacht.