Chapter Twenty-Three

"And the cameras?"

Owen bolted upright in his seat, causing his tall frame to tower over the rest of the men sitting around the conference table. "Uh, all set up with no problems so far."

I nodded from where I sat at the head of the table, my brothers on either side of me. I leaned forward in my chair, writing something in my planner. "Which reminds me, no walking around naked boys, the eyes will be watching you."

Santiago smirked from further down the table. "I love giving people a good show," he joked with a wink causing laughter to spread through the room. I rolled my eyes.

"Also," I said loudly, gaining the attention again, "Owen and Jasper will be working towards finding this godforsaken list that my family is on if any of you hear rumors or learn something about it, bring it to me."

They nodded their heads quietly, full focus on me. A hand raised in the air. "Love, what about the shipping crates and the drug lord?"

"The drug lord has been dealt with severely, he knows if he takes anything that belongs to us, he forfeits his life," I informed them, dusting a piece of hair off the conference table, "and for the crates, they're being kept in a classified location in New Jersey, we have a team of trained security watching over the building twenty-four, seven."

Elijah cleared his throat from where he slouched in his seat. "These guys are no joke, they might as well be six Corinne's in one room."

Almost everyone in the room cringed at the idea of multiple Corinne's. The woman in question smirked from her seat at the other end of the table, basking in the fear around her.

"One more thing. This Friday there is a dinner at the Campbell residence," a collective groan echoed through the room, "since it's a small party only a few of you will come with us."

Jasper clasped his fingers together, the silver ring on his thumb catching the light for a second. "I nominate Luca," the man in question gaped at Jasper, "you groaned the loudest." Santiago cackled loudly, shoving a pouting Luca's chair. "And Santiago will come with so you can suffer together."

Santiago's mouth dropped open and he stared at Jasper in disbelief. "Dude."

Another hand raised in the air. Theo. "Are you bringing a date to the dinner that we have to be concerned about?" He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

Franco grinned from where he sat. "Maybe one that happens to be a doctor?" He added innocently.

Wolf whistles sounded from around the room and I glared at them all.

"Get out, meetings over," I said, wrapping it up. The men shuffled out quickly, wanting to get back to their daily duties. Harvey lingered in the doorway, where he stood for the entirety of the meeting.

"Love," he called, eyeing each face that walked past him, finally when it was just him and my brothers still with me in the room he spoke, "Your Uncle George is in your office, apparently he has some...sensitive information that you need to hear."

I furrowed my brows and gathered my stationery. "Okay, I'll be there in a second."

Elijah snapped his fingers. "As much as I would love to sit and talk to Uncle George, I've got shit to do." He gave us a two-finger salute and exited the conference room.

Jasper stared at me for a moment before frowning and leaving me alone. Okay then.

Uncle George stood in my office behind my desk, staring out the large window into the gardens. I closed the door behind me loud enough for him to hear. "Uncle George, Harvey said you had something important to tell me," I said, dropping my papers on the coffee table and moving around my desk to him.