Chapter Twenty-Seven

The sound of rain hitting my bedroom windows woke me up in the early hours of the next morning. My eyes felt heavy as I opened them and took in the darkened room. My curtains were drawn open but the sky outside was grey. Raindrops smacked against my windows before slowly trailing down, catching speed and disappearing entirely.

Finn's breath tickled my ear on every deep exhale.

The urge to shiver rose deep inside me. My body felt like it had sunk further into the mattress while I slept from how loose my body seemed. Finn's arms were wrapped around my body, one hand around my waist, the other cupping one of my breasts. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

My muscles were sensitive, every slight movement sent a jolt of discomfort through my body as if I had just spent an entire day in the gym. Stretching an arm out to my nightstand, I grappled for my phone and pressed the side button, noticing the time. Seven in the morning?

I pushed my head further into the pillow, letting my phone drop back onto the nightstand with a dull thud.

We'd only slept for three hours.

After the first round and a very vocal agreement from yours truly about how we were going to continue our newfound...whatever it was, we spent the next few hours acquainting our bodies with each other. Multiple times. In various ways.

I ran a hand gently over his arm, giving myself a second to enjoy this moment. His arm tightened around me waist. His breaths were deep showing how dead to the world he was.

Reluctantly, and with effort, I gripped his hand on my breast and moved it away then doing the same to the arm around my waist. With an exhausted groan, he turned over facing the other way, his breaths falling deep again.

I sat up in bed, grabbing my phone and typing out a message.

Are you home?

My head had barely rested against the headboard when my phone chimed in a reply.

Room.

A scoff left my mouth as I climbed out of bed. I searched around for something to wear, knowing that my closet stood six feet away but since I had every intent of climbing back into this bed in the next five minutes with no intentions of falling back to sleep, I settled for Finn's black long-sleeve and a pair of boyshorts. I threw my curls into a messy bun on top of my head.

One quick glance over my shoulder, showed Finn still fast asleep on his stomach, his arms wrapped around the pillow his head slept on. His hair stood up at awkward angles and his muscular back had a few red marks down his back and over the three little tattoos on his side.

When I originally asked about the three dragons at one point during a short intermission between activities, he told me that they were from his favorite books series as a kid.

The hallway of our bedrooms was quiet, but a general bustling came from downstairs, informing me that the staff were awake and preparing for the day. It took a few steps to reach the bedroom across from mine and I knocked once before letting myself in.

Jasper sat at his desk, typing something on his computer. He wore pajama pants with no shirt, showcasing the scars on his back. "Busy night?" Were the first words out of his mouth without even turning to me.

I tugged at one of Finn's sleeves. "You could say that," I said, walking in and perching on the edge of his freshly made bed, mentally preparing myself for what needed to be dealt with.

"I could tell, I got home just after three and nearly suffocated myself with a pillow to block you two out," he mumbled, staring at some coding on the screen. Things I knew nothing about.